• 27-30 weeks

5 5.62%
  • 30-33 weeks

18 20.22%
  • 33-36 weeks

25 28.09%
  • 36-40+ weeks

24 26.97%
  • Went into labour before I packed my bag!

9 10.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When Did You Pack Your Labour Bag?

I just finished packing mine on Friday(day before I was due). Luckly I didn't go early!

I didn't get to pack mine! *WAAAH*

And I was 200 kms from home when I was hospitalised!

My wonderful Mum went to Target and bought me some LOVELY button up flanny nighties. Getting something in my size is always troublesome, and then she had to get bigger ones to fit my tummy... she bought the biggest ones she could get, but they were plain UGLY! One was blue with cows flying on clouds and said "MOOO" in pink on them. That one I will Never forget!

Maybe I'll get to pack one soon!

I was scheduled for a c/s on Mon so I planned to pack my bags on the w/e before to take my mind off the upcoming event. I was paranoid about not having a live birth and didn't even have a pram, cot in the house until we brough Nicola home!!

Anyway my waters broke on Sat morning, we didn't think it was my waters and were told to go to the hospital anyway. I thought I was just being nervious and misreading my body - because the waters didn't gush it was just like going to the toilet uncontrollably.

So when were told at the hospital that I was in labour and that c/s booked for 1pm - DH put my BAG together after Nicola was born!!!!

Labour bag all packed and ready to go as of last weekend - so that makes me 34 weeks.

im considering doing mine this weekend as I am just getting to uncomfortable to do much.

^^Jules^^ Guest

I am thinking I should pack my bag pretty soon , I have two weeks to go. Is my first , not sure when he/her will decide to come.

Pam21 Guest

I don't know if this is a silly question but I will ask anyway. This is my first child and I have bought clothes which i assumed she would wear from when she was born. The size I purchased was 000 which says from 0-3 months so i thought this was fine, but now I find out there is 0000 size for newborns? My hospital says I need to bring 6 singlets and 6 jumpsuits in my labour bag, do I really need to go out and buy this many in the 0000 size?

Thanks

Packed my bag tonight - 35weeks, 5days

mummy2B2 Guest

Don't forget your extra soft 3ply toilet paper girls! (I recommend Quilton)

I never used half the things in my bag, but that was one thing I didn't have, and had to send out for.

For my first pg was expecting to go early, coz of the twins, so had my bag packed at 25 weeks. went at 33. Second pg, had a long day trip, to see DH graduate, so had bags packed jic. bubs came, 5 days later. haven't started yet for this one (20weeks) but have started getting new toiletries etc.

Finalising the packing today - 38w4d. I've been putting the whole thing off a little..... After last night, I think I should get organised. I'm convinced I wont go early, but we shall see!
    I'm not at all convinced I need CDs and essential oils. They sound plain irritating to me, and something I think I can live without. I think I'll be more interested in just getting through it all without too many distractions.

Fi

*Yvette* Guest

I think I packed at about 35 weeks for Angus, didn't need to for the 1st 2 born at home.

Trouble is I needed most of the stuff to be packed, so it was a big bag with a few things in it and a copy of the list on top. I love a good list or 7.

Hubby insisted I take a nightie for hospital, and we hunted high and low and found a hideous thing with enough buttons down the front for feeding. I never wore it, stayed naked from mid labour til time to go home.

Best thing I packed was my own soft tissues, & juice boxes. A good suggestion I've just heard is incontinence pads, so you can move around easily if your waters are leaking or you're peeing a thimblefull every few minutes.

I have just packed today for the one on the way, bit early, but I'm always early!!

I have just packed today at 35 weeks and 4 days. Did have all the bits and pieces for a few weeks just weren`t packed but are now.

Take Care

Deeanne

Well I unexpectedly gave birth at 28 weeks gestation, and didn't have a bag packed but - by strange coincidence - had been shopping the day before the drama started and purchased cosy new PJs and slippers for the hospital.....it was lovely to have them ready for my stay in hospital....

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Moving to Poll Archive
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Had bags packed at 30-33 weeks and we packed them in the car along with the camera everytime we went out, just incase. As it was I went at 37weeks and early in the morning so I had everything with me anyway.

Love

I packed mine at 12 weeks, had been caught out before #-o
    Problem was that everytime we ran out of things they usually came out of the bag, so it was restocked quite a few times

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast