• 27-30 weeks

5 5.62%
  • 30-33 weeks

18 20.22%
  • 33-36 weeks

25 28.09%
  • 36-40+ weeks

24 26.97%
  • Went into labour before I packed my bag!

9 10.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Did You Pack Your Labour Bag?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default When Did You Pack Your Labour Bag?

This topic is to see when BellyBelly members packed their labour bag! Please feel free to contribute, all votes are completely anonymous.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I had mine packed from 30-33wks with Kameron. When it came to Lachlan I kept forgetting to do it. I still remember both mum and Kelly telling me to pack my bag LMAO. It did get done in time though

Love :smt049

LOL! I was waiting until I went into labour to pack so I'd have something to do! But then with quite a few BH's I mostly packed until induction day the first time around...

kelstar78 Guest

I Finished my shopping yesterday - new pjs, slippers etc and am packing tonight... Just to be sure!

I think it was 30-33 weeks it was kept by my bed and then when we put the cot up at 34 weeks we put it in the cot.

I packed my bag with Nicholas at the 33-36 weeks. I wanted to make sure I was all ready, but then he decided to come about 4 days past his EDD. I will try and have my bag packed by the 30 week mark this time too.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

27-30 weeks!

I was well prepared!!

Jo

I thought I had it mostly packed at the 33week mark, but when I went into labour I realised there were still quite a few things to bring that I hadnt thought of before! (and considering I went through it every week to make sure I was prepared - yet still forgot essentials(!) I can only blame it on my stupid pregnancy brain...)

My MIL was horrorfied that I did not have one ready by 35 weeks ! You'd think after 10 grandchildren already she might know I wouldnt go on time.

I was spinning out that I did not have any button up nighties to wear - I had one normal tshirt nightie I thought I'd wear during labour and then toss it, but I ended up in a hospital gown and regular clothes the next day.

And I had a thing with having two bags - one with labour stuff and one with baby stuff for after. A tip for the after bag - pack an empty bag to take the extra stuff home in, or dirty clothes or things mid week.

barb.

I was a bit slack and didn't have a bag packed at all. At 38 weeks was told I would have to stay in hospital. The hospital was 200 klms away so I had to come home and get my clothes then a labour bag.

I was lucky that my employer had done up a huge box of baby things when i left so DH and I just grabbed stuff from it.

Nic

Pietta Guest

Mine has been packed since about 32-33 weeks. I am still adding stuff to it though!! I dont think I will ever accept that I am ready

packed mine about 1 week before i went into labour as the midwife thought he was gunna go early, he was only 3 days early, which is still classed as full term

LEsley

I started packing about a month ago but I finished yesterday when I was nearly 38 weeks.

carmen Guest

Hello

I packed my bag at about 34 weeks but I didn't use anything that I had packed!!

Baby's heartrate was dropping with each contraction so I wasn't allowed to move around.

Even though I had CD's and oils etc - it didn't occur to me to use them - the only thing that I had was some lucozade (sp!) (energy drink) which I had after the birth. We took two for me but DH ended up drinking one (LOL)

Carmen

Sharon Guest

At 28 weeks because we had an awful feeling that DD was going to be early. (She was born at 39 weeks, so technically she was).

Just kept the bag upstairs in the bedroom, then for the last few weeks, downstairs near the door.

-Sharon

Even though I am planning on having this bub at home I still have to pack my bag JIC so I will probably do it around the 35 week mark or so. I think with the other boys I had it done alittle earlier especiall with my first,
    another thing to remember to pack in your bags girls is your hairdrier. And no I'm not being vain, you use it to dry down there especially if you've had stictches.

Take care
    Trish

Well I'm not sure about the first 3 but the 4th I had a show on the 1st Sep, and sent Arron down the street to buy stuff so I could pack the bag, had Jessica the next day. I was sure I would be late so I didn't bother. Arron kept telling me I shuld but I knew best...

Trish, did you have your other babies at home? I think you are very brave I couldn't cope with that and I would hate the mess. Good luck with it, hope it turns out the way you want it.

Cheers Michelle

Michelle. No this will be my first homebirth. I'm actually having the baby arond the corner at my mums house. It has more sentiment to us than a house we are renting. My mum is the biggest clean freak so I have no worries about hte cleanliness thing and the midwives are supposed to do most of the cleaning up too. My mum can get stains out of anything but just to be nice I bought some brown towels to use for delivery and such.

Take care
    Trish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast