Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can u get epi-no?

Hi Ladies

After searching online about this product (ie, info, and who stocks it). I might just get it its $179 and if your in perth u can get it in booragoon and subi chemist. I fink it will be a good investment. Anyfin to prevent tearing ( which im soooo scared bout being a first time mum ) I will ask my ob more about it too! If any ladies want anymore info about it go to www.starnbergmed.com

Thanx to the other ladies/mum dat helped me wif dis qs very much appreciated

I have it, I have been using it for about 3 weeks, am up to 8cms- I am going slowly slowly because I don't want to cause any issues - I am glad I got it and I can see how it will work. It also gets you used to the pressure and also to the feeling of having something that big come out so you don't tense up when it happens for real - apparently the tensing up when the baby comes out causes a lot of tears. I don't know if I will have no tearing or No episiotomy but I'm giving it a go and for $155 (which is what I paid for it) it is worth it just for peace of mind

There has actually been a recent evaluation of perineal massage by hand and by using things like the Epi-No. They found no difference between hands and the machine - so for those who don't want to spend $160, and can reach, your own thumbs are just as effective. The Epi-No may be a really good option for those who can't reach.

The study found that PM was beneficial for first time vaginal births but couldn't find any evidence to suggest it made any difference to subsequent births. (read my post here--->http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/show...032#post582032)

If you google Epi-No you will find the the retail website fairly easily.

I'm getting one of these because I'm already finding it difficult to reach 'down there' and my belly isn't even big. Maybe I'm just unco! LOL. I just think it will be easier using the Epi-no and I definitely want to do SOMETHING to reduce the risk of tearing.

um, maybe it's just me, but I don't think tearing is that big of a deal? It was my one and biggest fear about childbirth - to the point of thinking I should have an elective ceasar!!
    I have had 2 kids and tore with both (2nd degree).
    The first time was horrid which I now know was because the Obst. wasn't real great at stitching (It was 4 weeks before it didn't hurt at all), 2nd time I was up and walking around really soon after. The bruising on my poor botti TMI was more of a prob!!
    But if you can reach and the thumb helps, go for it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12