Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will he or Won't he? (long post from a bored pre-labouring woman)

Default Will he or Won't he? (long post from a bored pre-labouring woman)

Perhaps I should put this in general chatter, because frankly, itís a bit of a pointless ramble!

I probably should do this as a blog but it's too late at night to figure out how, so mods, please feel free to move, delete or simply to tell me to shut up and learn to deal with my boredom in more constructive ways...

Following is a run down of my last weeks of pregnancy Ė or the ďWill he or Wonít heĒ journal...

37 weeks: the BHs which I had had since 20 weeks ramped up a notch or 10, I had my first little "pre-labour" with a morning of regular (every 15 minutes) contractions and thought I'd had a hind-water leak which turned out to be that delightfully fluid CM. Even though I knew that pre-labour can go on for weeks, I jinxed it by saying "I have a feeling he is going to be early..." Hee hee, well he's shown me, hasn't he...

Between 37-40 weeks: if I gave a description of every time I thought 'hmmm, this could be it, oh no, wait, it's not', then I would still be writing on my son's 21st birthday. Suffice to say I have had a rather extensive pre-labour.

40 weeks: last pre-term hospital appointment. Not engaged, still ROP, have felt like I've been on day 1 of AF for the last three weeks, consensus is, he'll come out when he's ready.

40 + 6 weeks: appointment with obstetrician to book induction for 40 + 10. Not happy Jan. Had minor panic that despite EPO and perineal massage it still hurt like buggery when obstetrician went in to investigate with two fingers, wondered what a 10cm head was going to feel like. Midwife assured me that miracles happened. Well thank goodness for that! Still not engaged, still ROP, but 1cm dilated. The ob even felt the head! Whoo hoo! Come on matey, you can beat the induction!

40 + 7: had a wonderful acupuncture session, which, if not successful at coaxing little guy out, at least made me feel really really good.

40 + 9, 10:00am. DP and I DTD on yummy new red sheets. (If you're going to do it, do it in style). He commented on the um... 'engorged' state of my labia and that I was definitely um... 'more relaxed' than usual. Well, that's promising... (and TMI, sorry).

40 + 9, 12:30pm: had shower. For those who found the last paragraph TMI, skip this one, it's worse... Noticed um... goeey squidgy sticky but slightly 'solid' stuff emerging from nether regions. Definitely not sperm (if it was I'd be sending DP off for an immediate checkup). Honey, honey I think I've lost my show... come and look!!! DP comes in, peers inquisitively at the gloopy blob in my hand (yeah I know, gross, but I was excited) and says, well, you're right, it definitely isn't sperm. Whoo hoo, happy dance whilst trying not to fall over in the shower. Honey, honey, we're having a baby. DP gives me a 'well duh' look.

40 + 9, about 1 hour later: why haven't I had a baby yet? (Yes, the impatience and irrationality that I have managed to avoid throughout the pregnancy has finally kicked in...)

40 + 9, about 1 hour after that: ooooh, contractions. Sudden excitement, even though I know that I've been having these for three weeks now and nothing has happened.

40 + 9, about 4 hours after that: oooh, no more contractions. Drat. To save on space, this went on a couple more times throughout the evening, but nothing kicked in in a major "I'm having a baby now" way. We even went out to dinner at a flash restaurant to try to kick things along, but little bugger was kind enough to let me scoff my way through ocean trout and creme brulee (mmmm) without more than a few minor murmurs. I did worry the staff when they asked when I was due and I told them 9 days ago... I didnít tell them that we were trying to see if we could get Murphy's Law to work so that my waters would break in a posh restaurant. Jinxed again...

40 + 10 (today): appointment for CTG monitoring to check that bubba is still healthy. Little heartbeat belting away like a kick drum. Good lad. Must have been the ocean trout... Had three good contractions in 40 minutes whilst on the monitor, the midwife was very impressed with my 'little mountains'. Still booked in for induction on Wed, but was able to negotiate a 'wait and see' if all is still looking good (or if he hasn't emerged of his own accord by then). Much happier!

40 + 10 (still today): between 9:30am and about 3:00pm contractions got to every 12 minutes, then backed off to 20, then stopped. Bugger. Oh well. Had a little sleep on the couch and woke feeling nauseous, headachy and hot. No more contractions. More bugger. About 9:30 contractions started again. It is now 10:45. Iíve had two since 9:30 and they seem to have subsided again, despite lots of bouncing and rolling around on gym ball all night. Oh no, wait, thereís another one...

Iím off to bed now. But if anybody has made it through this long and pointless meander through my late pregnancy journey Ė well done!

The 50 million dollar question is, who thinks that heís going to beat his induction and when do you think heíll come out? Person who makes the closest guess gets a prize (itís not 50 million dollars BTW)!!!!

I think you will have him sometime tomorrow night!!

Suse - OMG I know just where you are coming from and my heart goes out to you, hope you are labouring away like a champion sometime soon

Suse
    I bet you can beat the induction
    All the best hun

i think by wednesday morning.

when the contractions start comign along, try and go for a decent walk... maybe get things moving abit

I'll bet you won't need the induction - sending you labour vibes and wishing you well - looking forward to your birth announcement in the next day or so!

Julie x

suse, i keep seeing you around the forums, and thinking "hey, wasnt she due a couple of days ago? lol.

I was well over due with DD (24 days) but i was in no rush, and i had regular monitoring. I was home birthing anyways, so they had no chance of inducing me anyways, unless DD needed to be out. I had the worst BH from 38 weeks, and gosh did they drive my bonkers! but DP would sit there, telling me softly that this was my body making itself ready, as he massaged my back, or held a heat back on my belly... I kept telling him next time he could birth the damn thing pmsl!!

I am like katnap!! I kept thinking "hey is she still pg??" (sorry) I loved your blog BTW it made me laugh!! (with you not at you!) I think you will have him after the induction sorry, I think he just wants to stay with mummy where its comfy and he doesn't have to do anything LOL

Tonight's the night.

well guys, looks like we have movement at the station...

Contractions started at 3:00am, now up to about 10 minutes apart, although DP just said the last one was 7. Lots of nice bloody mucous (you should know to expect TMI from me by now), but waters still haven't broken yet, maybe that's why the cntrx don't feel toooo bad. I mean don't get me wrong, they hurt quite a bit and are getting more intense, but if I breathe and rock around on my gym ball and walk around they are bearable so far. I'm sure that I'm going to be screaming for all the drugs they can give me in about an hour!!

Anyhoo, typing quickly in between contractions. DP just made a nice cup of tea which I don't feel like throwing up so I'm going to enjoy it. Contemplating going into the hospital soon-ish because I think that we'll run out of hot water soon and they have baths. They were quite cruisey about it and just said rock on in when you feel like you've had enough at home. Should hold off because if they take a look at me like this they'll probably say go away and don't come back until you're in real labour.

Next contraction is on its way so ta ta for now, and hopefully good news will be on its way soon!

OMG, how exciting!! All the best honey! My entire labour during each contraction I stood up against the bed and rocked back and forth, it was fantastic. I hope you have a wonderful labour and can't wait to hear the announcement!

Good luck!!!! Sounds like today is the day! Looking forward to hearing the next update!!

woohoo and the great thing about all the frustrating pre-labour is that it gets your body really well prepared so it can labour more efficiently.
    Try and stick it out as long as you can at home. I think most women labour better in thier own space.

Good - Luck !!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!

Do you have someone to post your birth announcement? If you want I can PM you my number and if you send me a text when you're ready I can let everyone know.

Good luck.

Suse....Goodluck darl, hopefully you are holding your little man in your arms as i type this.

oooh how exciting .. all the best .. cant wait to meet your lil bub !!

Thinking of you , good luck.

Good luck Suse!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast