Thread: Akira birth

Default Akira birth

i was 18 at the time i found out i was pregnant after countless trips to the doctor to get tests done to see why i hadnt got my periods for 3 months. i went to 5 doctors in the end and the last one told me that i was nearly 5 month pregs i didnt know what to do so i went home and told my mum she helped me through the whole lot. on the first ob check up they told my i was due on the 3rd of june which was a shock really cause i only found out 4 day before that. MY last check up was on the 4th of june they said if they saw me after the 3rd of june they were going to induced which was a little scary at the time . the 3rd came and went and nothing was happening so on the 4th i go into adelaides women and childrens hospital and waited there for 3 hour before the doctor could see me and then tell my i can be induce till the 6th of june so i was alittle stressed. the 6th of june came around and today was the day i was going in not know what was going to happen. i went to the hospital at 6pm and was given the gel and had the heart moniter on and was given an iron shot as my iron was really low. not much happened that night until 6am on the 7th june i had a midwife come in and he said i was 5cm dilated and my waters were going to be broken in an one hours time i asked him to ring my mum she was in there by 6:45am. I had a trainee breaking my waters she didnt know what she was doing so my mum went and called a midwife to get someone that knew what they were doing by the time someone else came i had become stressed and my blood pressure was really high. i managed to get it down my self by relaxing when my waters were broken i was told to walk around to get things going i would have been walking for 2 hours and when i got back they asked if i had any signs of things happening and i said no they checked to see how far i was dilated and was shocked that i was fully dilated and had no signs of anything akira was born 30min after that. i stayed in hospital for 3days so they could get my iron to a safe level again. my whole labour was only 2.5 hours long which i was suprised because i had heard of labours lasting 6 or more hours. akira was a really good baby i had no trouble with her. only if everyone was that lucky

Wow aboll! You coped remarkable well with little notice of your pregnancy.

Wow Adele that was a quick labour Thanks for sharing the story of your gorgeous girl !!!

Love

Thanks for sharing your story aboll! Thats really amazing that you coped so well having such little notice of when you were due, and then such a short labor too! Well done! =D>

Thank you for sharing your story with us Aboll. Congratulations on such a quick labour.

Take Care

Deeanne

Thanks for sharing your story. Lucky you having such a quick labor.

i would like to say good luck to everyone who is due to have a baby soon or later down the track

and just relax when everything starts to happen.

all so a little tip i found was good for those long back aches and pains make up a heat bag just get an old cotton pillow case and 2 bags of wheat and put the wheat in the pillow case and sew it up and heat for 4mins or heat till you think it is hot enough and you can mould it to go around you back and you will have heat on the spot for a while.

katanya Guest

my whole labour was only 2.5 hours long which i was suprised because i had heard of labours lasting 6 or more hours. akira was a really good baby i had no trouble with her. only if everyone was that lucky
    The average first labour is 12 hours long...so by that account yours was super short!

Wouldn't it be so great if everyone could have a labour like yours! It sounds like things went really well..thanks for sharing, it would give all those girls in the pregnancy forum hope of something similar!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing your story, Aboll. Wow @ having such a quick labour, lucky you.

Congrats on the birth of Akira. (that's a lovely name.)