Thread: birth of Caitlyn Anne

Default birth of Caitlyn Anne

19th septhad an appointment to see the ob,to see if they would induce, i was 38 weeks. ( i was going through the midwives clinic) i had seen the ob the week before, and my cervix was not ready at all high and hard, i was expecting him to do another internal, but he said come in tomorrow night so we can put the cervidal in, my god i thought finally i will have some relief, i had a very hard last 10 weeks of pregnancy and was in constant pain, so i was over the moon they were going to let me meet Caitlyn earlier than i imagined. He told me that bub was not very big, so i thought possibly an easy birth.

20th septI was told i had to be in hospital at 6pm, but i had to ring an hour before, as they might be full up, just my luck they were full, the midwife asked for me to ring back in an hour, so we decided that we might grab a nice dinner on the way to hospital, so we grabbed some thai( my favourite).we ended up getting to hospital at 7pm, and the midwife that i was doing my calmbirth with was the midwife on, and she was in charge of me, it was nice to have a familar face, the cervidal was inserted at 8pm, and i was monitered for the next hour,nothing happening, so i was taken to the maternity ward to try for some sleep, i was given a couple of sleeping pills, craig decided to sleep in the car, as we lived over an hour away from hospital, just in case things started overnight. that night was hell the maternity unit was so full and every baby im sure had a bad night, so no sleep was had by me.:eek:

21st septI rang craig at 6am, telling him its not happening, i was getting a few twinges, and i was up walking most of the night to get things going, i think they were just starting, i was taken to the birthing suite at 8am, craig showered, they told me i was going to need a drip and waters broken at 9am, so they montered me,and checked to see how dilated i was 5cm, great i thought. and i was already in the first stages of labour with regular contractions, so they broke my waters at 9.30am, my calmbirth midwife was back on duty and was in charge of me, wow i couldnt believe my luck that i got her again. they decieded against the drip for the moment and see how things went. after my waters were broken the contractions were so intense, i tried showering then on all fours rocking, but i was in so much pain from my siatic pain in my back, and of cause labour pains i opted to get on the bed, with in half an hour i asked for the gas to help me breath, i was so exhasted, around 11.30 am my midwife told me to get up and walk to the loo as she thought i would be giving birth in the next half hour, i went to the loo, which was agony for me luckliy craig helped me lots, it was like she had the sh*ts because i hadnt got of the bed! i got back on the bed and i wasnt sure if what i was feeling an urge to push so the midwife told me to start pushing, i tried but i had no energy, for the next hour every few contractions she asked me to push, but i just couldnt, at this stage i wondered if i could actually push her out, i was so tired, and exhausted so at around 1.30pm she did an internal i was 8cm......i had been pushing and i wasnt even ready no wonder i couldnt get her out!! by this stage i stared throwing my face washer at her as i must of been going through tranistion, and i started swearing a bit too, and i was getting very angry craig was going to sleep, and im sure she was too, it was like no one was helping when i really needed it!! then suddenly i had the urge to push and evryone jumped up as i started without them, within two pushes caitylyn was out, craig was in tears.weighed 3890kg she wasnt that little.

all in all i have very mixed emotions with the birth, i feel as though i let my midwife down as i had gas and stayed on the bed, i was very active up untill 5cm, but the pain was to much and the tiredness was also a huge factor, i am also annoyed that i was getting told to push when my body wasnt ready, but appart from that i have a georgous baby girl, i am so lucky.

Chrissy what a crap midwife you had! You didn't let anyone down - she let YOU down. This is more or less exactly what happened to me. I still havent written mine and dont know if I want to. They seem to think that when you've had a couple of kids you should just breeze through it, but the toll it takes on your body is huge.

You did a wonderful job and considering the pain you were in at the end - I remember you couldn't sleep and really had a hard time - you're an inspiration hun.

Chrissy I agree with Natalie, you didn't let anyone down, she let you down. I can't believe they didn't examine you before telling you to push!!!
    Caitlyn is a beautiful healthy girl. Congratulations you did well.

Chrissy,

YOU DID A GREAT JOB! Don't feel like you let anyone down at all.

Caitlyn is ADORABLE....those photso are great: she looks so bonny and strong and healthy....WELL DONE!

Chrissy - what a wonderful JOb you did! You have a wonderful daughter to show for it

Sensational job you done - welcome to the world your little girl

Chrissy, Congratulations once again on the birth of Caitlyn. Sounds like you did a fantastic job hun.

I pushed for several hours on an incomplete cervix, poor Tehya was kicking like mad. Totally different reason though for me.

Well done sweety. I'm sure you haven't let anyone down, your baby was birthed healthily and safely. What more could you ask for

congratulations chrissy on the safe arrival of Caitlyn & thanks for sharing your birth story.
    i cannot believe the MW was telling u to push when u were not fully dialted though....
    u did a fantastic job & have a beutiful daughter to show for it!