Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jessica's Birth

dd Guest

Hi Michelle,

I had Shynelle at Frances Perry in the city but my sister is PG now and thinking of going to Kilmore which was why I asked cause I didn't mind FP but don't think I'd have anymore there. If i have anymore I'd like to try Kilmore. How did you find it?

Cheers
    dd

Hi dd,
    I really like Kilmore hospital. The nursing staff are great and really helpful, they are not too strict with visitors ie my Dh could pretty much stay for as long as he wanted, but on the other hand if you want to limit visitors, the actual maternity visiting hours are 2 till 3 and 7 till 8, allowing new mums lots of rest if they need it. If you want visitors other times as long as they aren't really noisy they don't mind. I have been through the antenatal clinic at the hospital once and that was fine, but I preferred to go to my dr privately and he delivers at the hospital so then I am sure he will be there to deliver my baby. They have a birthing suite with double bed etc, and a more formal birthing room with a hospital bed. I have had the last 3 babies in the suite with the double bed and that is really nice. As Jessica was my 4th the nurse left Arron and I to our own devices, but was only a buzz away if we needed her, for a first baby they would probably be around more. They don't push you out before you are ready, but if you want to go home early they are happy for that and you just return to the hospital if need be.

Anything else you'd like to know just ask. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Plus for me it is not even 5 mins away. Did you do share care with your gp and then go to FP? Who did the delivery? Where is your sister living? You're in Romsey aren't you?

Cheers Michelle

dd Guest

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the info - my sister lives two doors down from me in Romsey - I think she was hoping to get Dr Griffiths from Wallan and go private to ensure she got him but he is going on leave for a few months so that's out of the question. Not sure what she'll do now.

I had an OB from Carlton Dr Kym Jansen she was quite nice but even though I went private when the time came to do the delivery my OB wasn't rostered on that night and I ended up with Dr Jenny Dowd it was ok but I would have rather had Kym but too late now - so I think next time I'm gonna be a bit more picky with who and where I go and I know I won't be going back to FPH.

I actually had to take Shynelle up to Kilmore a couple of weeks ago I rang them first and told them I'm a new mum and she's very unsettled and I'm not sure what's wrong they were soooo nice and just told me to come down and they'd get a midwife to look at her if the dr wasn't available. Anyway, the dr was there and turned out she just had a bit of a bug nothing too bad just had to keep watching her temp. cause it kept going up - but I felt stupid cause I'm new to all this and they just made me so relaxed about it all.

How's all of your tribe going?

Hi dd,
    John Griffiths has delivered my last 3 babies and I really like him, didn't want anyone else. He was away for most of my 3rd preg, but came back at the end, so I think I saw him 3 times before the birth. I had been seeing Dr Rudi Mahne also at Wallan Medical centre and he was to deliver Jemma, he was really nice, I got to she the baby on mini ultrasound every visit with him, he is South African. I am not sure what is happening while John is away, maybe the best bet is to ask who is delivering while John is away. Rudi hadn't been elivering but maybe someone has been teed up to take over while he is off. He is having surgery of some kind which is why he won't be around. He comes back supposedly in January. You really do need to feel comfortable with your Dr and John is really down to earth.

My tribe is driving us crazy at the moment and it is only the first day of the holidays, not sure how I'll survive 2 weeks of this. I am planning to kick all 3 outside every chance I get. I bathed Jessica while Jemma was in bed today which was good. Arron has just come home and herded them all back outside.

I agree that the Kilmore hospital nursing staff is great, I love having it close and being able to pop up there when I am worried about one of the kids and not sitting in emergency for 4 hours like in a suburban hospital.

Jessica is asleep at the moment and I must go and get some stuff done.

Gee your SIL lives close, it must be nice to have someone that close/or not depending who they are. If it was my SIL I would go nuts as she is a pain in the a***.

Cheers Michelle

dd Guest

Yeah I'm hearin' Ya!! My SIL is like that but she doesn't live next door she's in Wallan but she's she isn't really that bad....It's my sister that lives two doors down but funny enough I actually see less of her than the rest of my family! I sometimes think I should write her a letter with my return address so she remembers where I live!

My mum and another sister also live in Romsey - so my whole family except my brother live here cause he lives in Wallan. I see a alot of my mum now cause she looks after Shynelle so I can work - which I am now starting to really hate.

I rang Lee this afternoon and told him I was going to quit my job cause it's too demanding and I want to be a full time mum not part time - bla bla bla whole other story.

Anyway, that's my sook for the day better go Shynelle has just woken up and I've gotta go make dinner and clean the house - funny how I'm working and I'm the house keeper / mother / maid etc etc etc - Yep you guess I'm abit F#$%ed off this arvo!

Talk soon - hopefully I'll be feeling alittle nicer.... #-o

O xxdd

Sorry about the mix up, I had the Sister and SIL's mixed up. My family all live in Kilmore too, well I say that but I mean my parents, my IL's, my SIL and a cousin (who is moving in a couple of weeks to Wodonga), It can be good except if you feel like some privacy, people just turn up. On the other hand they can be very helpful at times.

Where are you working? It is tough going back to work I know. I returne to full time work when my 2nd Joshua was 13 weeks old, I was teaching Preps and I returned Term 4 to write reports etc. Arron and I agreed that when we had the 3rd I would stay home. He thought I would want to go back, but at the moment I just want to be a mum and not belong to 30 other children as well. I love teaching but I need to do the home thing now. I hear you when you say you are working and doing all the home stuff too. For about 7 months at one stage Arron was working days and nights, I was working days, he would drop the kids of and leave for the arvo job, I would pick them up and go home, cook, clean, wash, bath the kids (we had 2 then), and then wait up till midnight so I could see him. That was 5 days a week, boy were we both happy that he had enough of that. Has your brother lived in Wallan long? Arron has played footy for Wallan over the years, thought maybe he might know him, also Arron knows alot of people, unlike me as I worked out of the area (Westmeadows and then Whittlesea), plus I don't go along to the footy with all the kids as it is more stressful than staying home alone with them.

Hope you feel a little better tomorrow, try to make some time for yourself, hard I now but you really do need it when you are working and being a wife and mother.
    Cheers Michelle

dd Guest

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your thoughts - I am feeling better 2day. I had a big chat to Lee last night and he was sorry its all getting too much on me he said he forgets sometimes and just assumes I'll handle it all cause I'm generally a pretty strong person. So we've decided that if I have another stress attack I will quit but I will try and keep working until at least Jan05 cause that's when my boss wants me back full time so I'll just decide then - today I'm ok with the decision.

My brother has livedb in Wallan for over 10 yrs he used to play footy for Wallan. Lee also has alot of mates that played for them - I think one of them is called "Albe" (nickname). My BIL was coaching the under 14's I think it is - Lee's nephew plays 4 them - he's pretty good too - "Matty".
    Lee sounds like Aarron he knows everyone too. I'm originally from Gladstone Park so I don't know many people out this way. What about you?

xxdd

Hi dd,
    glad to hear you got to talk about how you are feeling. Guys don't always know what we are thinking and feeling, they just think things are fine unless you point it out. To tell you the truth I have been really surprised by Arron. Having 3 kids and the baby is pretty tough especially when you are tired, plus we are renovating and we are short on cash at the moment as Arron does Steam cleaning, which drops off in the colder months. Some nights I have been pretty stressed with the baby crying and not going back to sleep and DH has heard me and taken the baby to give me a rest. He didn't do that with the others. I too am a pretty strong person, but I think he can sense that this is hard for me, and I really do appreciate his help. I asked him today was he worried that I might do something to Jessica, and he said "No, but it's a team effort and I can see that it is hard for you as you weren't like this with the other kids." I guess as there was 5 yrs and 3 1/2 yrs between the others I probably was a little less stressed, Jemma is only 19 months old so it is much harder.

I am originally from Epping, moved to Kilmore when I was 15, met Arron in high school, got together in yr 12. I went to Uni in Bendigo, had Jordan in 2nd yr and Arron and I rented a house when she was 2 1/2, then brought a house at the end of that year. Because I went to high school in Broadford and worked in the local supermarket, I do know lots of people but nowhere near as many as Arron, plus his work has him meeting people all the time.

Do you have to travel far to work? The only thing I miss about not working is the social outlet, adult conversation. Instead I walk around cleaning the house and talking to the toys which are cnostantly appearing under my feet. LOL, That's what kids do best, make a mess.

I taught at Westmeadows Primary school for 4 yrs, which is 5 mins from Gladstone Park shopping centre so I know the area a little. What made you move to Romsey?

Anyway have a great day tomorrow
    Best wishes Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle, just read your story and I had tears in my eyes! Just beautiful! Congratulations on the birth of little Jessica and well done!

dd Guest

Hi Michelle,

What a busy couple of days I've had! That's so good that Arron is helping you out this time I can only imagine what it's like to have a new baby and three other kids. I'm pretty lucky cause Shynelle is a very good baby but she has a problem with her digestion and is on a prescribed formula (can you believe it I didn't think they had such a thing) it is apparently very broken down to help her digest her milk better cause she has reflux and constipation problems! But it isn't too bad but she doesn't like the taste of it especially the second time round - I don't blame her I tasted it - YUCK!!

I work in Airport West so it takes me about half an hour to get there - it's not too bad but I'd rather not do it at all - whinge whinge.... oh well were not made of money and things are really tight so I guess I have to stick to our arrangement and hold out til after chrissy.

I totally understand the whole need for adult stimulation - although, I do get it now being back at work but I'm always in such a hurry at work I bearly even have time to scratch myself before I've gotta get back to pick up Shynelle - So when I do have time I think I must bombard people with all the things I need to say - I know Lee laughs at me sometimes cause it's like I ambush him when he walks in the front door cause I've got all these things I need to talk about - LOL!

Well gotta go my little angel has awoken!

Talk soon....
    xxdd

Hi dd,

I agree with the tasting thing, but I think all formulas taste disgusting. My cousin had 2 reflux babies and had the prescribed formula, do you have the healthcare card and if so do you get it cheaper?

I know what you mean about no being made of money, we could really do with me working at the moment but I don't have the time or the energy and who would look after my kids for what I can afford to pay them ( which is nothing?). Plus I do want to be home as I worked fulltime with the first 2 and I need to be a mum now. Airport west's no a bad drive but it would be nicer not driving it. But at least you can know there isn't many weeks left till xmas.

I am just hanging for Jessica to sleep through, Jemma spoilt us as she slept through at 3 weeks and Jessica doesn't look like doing that. I am extra tired today, can't be bothered doing anything much.

Feel free to PM me if you want rather than talking in this forum, or if you'd rather just talk here that's fine.
    Cheers Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Enjoyed your birth story Michelle. I do a lot of kneeling on the floor too, & can relate to being unable to watch coz too busy giving birth. I really must try to open my eyes this time, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12