Thread: Keeping BP down

Default Keeping BP down

Hi!
    Just wondering if anyone has any hints or tips for keeping your BP down during those last weeks?
    I spent the night in hossy Friday night for monitoring because it was quite high 144/100 I think, and thankfully it did drop enough for them to let me out of there on Saturday. I had some protien in my urine and some other stuff too, and one of my blood results wasn't good.
    I'm guessing there's not a huge amount I can do, but keeping out of hossy and avoiding an induction if possible is kind of high on my list of priorities LOL!

Any tips???
    TIA

All i was told was bed rest, take it easy and dont over do it!

Not much help but it got my BP done and i avoided an induction. Goodluck

Hiya

I was told by my OB that keeping up a good calcium intake is great for your BP. Not sure how or why but he is ALWAYS right

Worth a try, hope this helps

Cheers
    Char :biggrin:

Mine crept higher and higher in the last few weeks and I found that bedrest actually did keep it down! So go get yourself a few litres of water, lots of dvds and get on that couch!

And stay there!!! Good luck

I posted a thread on Keeping BP down without meds a few weeks ago. You might find some helpful suggestions in there.

Good luck!

Oooh Thanks everyone!!

I've got the swelling, headaches, pins and needles, protien, etc that are all not good, but it's definitely worth a shot.
    My next check-up is tomorrow so I'm hoping it will have all vanished LOL! but I'm not holding out too much hope. *fingerscrossed*

Off to have a cool lavender bath, a good book and a nap...

Awww Thanks Fletch! *mwah*
    Yep, trying to do all the natural induction methods I know of LOL!
    I want to arrive at the appt in labour! That would save a lot of trouble, but nada from all my efforts so far
    Hope you can keep your BP down too.