Thread: Pre-Eclampsia???

Default Pre-Eclampsia???

I have had major swelling and headaches and lately i've been getting the black spots in my sight, but each time the doc checks me my bp is normal and urine is fine. They keep telling me as soon as it happens get straight to the doc/hosp but by time i get there my sight and or headache will be better or gone. I can't get there quick enough. Can these just be symptons of something else? I asked the doctors + midwives but they didn't have an answer and just keep telling me to come back in. I live 30mins from the doc and 45mins from the hospital and i don't always have transport. Should i be concerned?

I would say be a little worried when i had pre-eclampsia they always asked about spots before my eyes.
    They will start to worry more if you get high BP and protien in your urine.
    At least they are keeping an eye on everything. They like to get you to the hospital just in case everything does start to go wrong. That's what happend to me.

How many weeks pg are you ?

I'm just over 30 weeks. The bp and urine are always fine so far though. It is just getting frustrating that they want me to keep coming back in just to tell me that i'm fine, and not have another reason as to why i would have these symptons. I got the headache and spots back this afternoon again but the doc is shut and i really can't be bothered going to 45mins to hosp and pay for parking to get sent home again.
    I'll just wait and see. What other symptons did you have? If I notice anything different i'll go, but i don't know what else to watch for. I got a bit queasy before which never happens to me?
    Thanks

I had swollen feet and hands, high BP and protien in my urine. The day they did my emergancy c-section I had a bad headache and plus 4 protein in my urine with the high BP.
    I was just over 30 weeks when mine started and I had Kimberley at 35.5 weeks.