thread: ADDITIVE 320 - peanut butter....I've been doing some research on additives

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add CrazyLady on Facebook

    Aug 2009
    2,328

    Charlotte flogged a piece of my pie crust the other day and went really nuts. didn't go to bed until 9:30pm and was HYPER! Her usual bed time is 6:30 so 3 hours extra is horrid. Grumpy baby the next day!

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Professional Support Panel

    Nov 2005
    QLD
    3,068

    Have you considered making your own peanut butter?
    All you need is 2 cups of roasted peanuts and about 1 tblsp of peanut oil. You may need a little more depending upon how much oil the peanuts have.
    Put it all in a blender and blitz until smooth. If you prefer crunchy keep about ½ of the peanuts back blitz the rest until smooth then add the ½ and blitz again until it is the consistency you prefer. Salt can be added to suit your taste.

  3. #3
    Matryoshka Guest

    I noticed significant effects when i followed Failsafe strictly, had to take a list to the shops of 30+ numbers to avoid. I did this to treat my PND because a lot of the numbers have negative effects on mood, not only in adults but linked to adhd etc. For instance, anything with "yellow" in it (160b - annatto, see 1st link) made my boys hyperactive and irritable. It is in banana, apricot yoghurts and tonnes of other processed foods.

    I hope its okay to post these links, the info is invaluable:

    Factannatto

    Food Intolerance Network FACTSHEETS

    ADDITIVE ALERT

    Romsey Australia: Food Additives Codes

    http://greatmysterypublishing.com/in...LabelsMean.htm

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW
    4,837

    Charlotte flogged a piece of my pie crust the other day and went really nuts. didn't go to bed until 9:30pm and was HYPER! Her usual bed time is 6:30 so 3 hours extra is horrid. Grumpy baby the next day!

    It more than likely had 320 in it. Its amazing how much stuff does have it in despite it being banned in children's foods.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    May 2008
    Melbourne
    1,838

    Matryoshka, Additive Alert is the book that i bought and read. It also gave you a little bookmark with some numbers to really be careful of and i have that at close hand all the time.

    Alan your recipe sounds so easy to make i'll have to give it a go

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jun 2007
    Somewhere between asleep and awake
    1,194

    Wow thanks so much for that info.

    Alan, that recipe sounds so easy! Will give it a go.

    Myboys - that bookmark would come in handy! where did you get the book from?

    I found it quite depressing how much food does have dangerous additives in it and how difficult it is to avoid them. Even fresh fruit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agh. I guess all you can do is try to avoid them......

  7. #7
    Registered User

    May 2008
    Melbourne
    1,838

    NikiW i find it soooo overwhelming, it's like trying to fight a battle you just can't win. I'm pretty sure i got the book from my local Big W it was quite cheap too. The book and bookmark is on loan to a friend right now but when i get it back i can copy the bookmark and send it to you. The book is definaltey worth the buy though, it lists all the additives and their effects. THe bookmark is just a short list.

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW
    4,837

    I just printed off the handy purse sized list from the Failsafe website.

    Just checked some of the things in my show bags from the Easter Show- got a acrrot loaf packet mix (sounds healthy, advertied as healthy) it has 320 in it!!

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Jun 2007
    Somewhere between asleep and awake
    1,194

    Oh thanks myboys. I'll have a look at BigW. Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I can't find the book and take you up on the photocopy. I appreciate that.

    mrsmac - They are everywhere aren't they!? I was eating a Go Natural apricot bar yesterday and it has sulphur dioxide in it. Not very natural huh? Some names and marketing are so misleading. I'll have a look on the failsafe website too.

    I got a phone call from a Kraft rep this morning. She said they are looking into replacing 320 but are at the initial stages. She said that she will pass my feedback onto the relevant departments. I think I just got fobbed off really. I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like telling Today Tonight!