thread: ADDITIVE 320 - peanut butter....I've been doing some research on additives

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW
    4,837

    A lot of frozen party pies have 320 in them as well.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    May 2008
    Melbourne
    1,838

    Just making dinner which is pies in my pie maker. My pampus pastry has 320 in it!!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    Country VIC
    930

    It is soooooo frustrating, I just called the company that make the bread that I buy from IGA as it does not list 282 on the label however it says vegetable oil, and they said that 282 is used in the bread making process arrgggh, they assured me it was all vegetable derivatives lol. I havent been giving DD that bread anyway I have been giving her bakers delight but I am trying to find something from the supermarket as I have to drive 1/2 an hour to get the bakers delight bread.
    Olive: I am feeling your frustration with snacks, whats left for them to eat at the end of the day

  4. #4
    Registered User

    May 2008
    Melbourne
    1,838

    On the snacks, so many in the 'health food aisle' have 220 in them it's rediculous I'm stuck as to what i should be feeding my boys

  5. #5
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jul 2008
    Eastern Surburbs, Melbourne
    1,841

    Don't give your kids dried apricots as they have sulphur and other baddies in them.

    Olive, I knew there was a reason I couldn't drink wine.

    Be careful of some cold & flu tablets as they have things in them that can cause problems.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    Don't give your kids dried apricots as they have sulphur and other baddies in them.
    Apparently apricots from Turkey do not contain sulphur.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara
    14,222

    Peg they are really hard to find though. The dumb thing is that the sulphur is used to help them keep their colour as well, otherwise they wouldn't look as nice and palatable. I saw on a TV show once that the absolute max amount of dried apricots that a child should have is 1/4 of a half an apricot! It is really frustrating that nearly every single item in the health food isle contains either dodgy preservatives or soy!Defeats the purpose of it being in the health food isle if you ask me.

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    Peg they are really hard to find though. The dumb thing is that the sulphur is used to help them keep their colour as well, otherwise they wouldn't look as nice and palatable. I saw on a TV show once that the absolute max amount of dried apricots that a child should have is 1/4 of a half an apricot! It is really frustrating that nearly every single item in the health food isle contains either dodgy preservatives or soy!Defeats the purpose of it being in the health food isle if you ask me.
    thats unreal! Its also really irresponsible of the lawmakers to allow it.

    But tell me, whats wrong with soy?

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Apr 2008
    4,427

    So what can they have that is safe?

    I am so confused (not hard I know)

    Can we make a sticky thread with foods that do not have these baddies in them??

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    So what can they have that is safe?

    I am so confused (not hard I know)

    Can we make a sticky thread with foods that do not have these baddies in them??
    I found myself reading the labels of many of the things i generally buy and was amazed at how many contained hidden nasties. Even tinned tomatoes!

    I found Aldi Almond Fingers and Aldi Oat Bran and Cranberry cookies by Belmont biscuit co do not contain any nasties. (although the cookies have vegetable oils)

    perhaps the only way to avoid them is to make things yourself.

  11. #11
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    It is soooooo frustrating, I just called the company that make the bread that I buy from IGA as it does not list 282 on the label however it says vegetable oil, and they said that 282 is used in the bread making process arrgggh, they assured me it was all vegetable derivatives lol. I havent been giving DD that bread anyway I have been giving her bakers delight but I am trying to find something from the supermarket as I have to drive 1/2 an hour to get the bakers delight bread.
    Olive: I am feeling your frustration with snacks, whats left for them to eat at the end of the day

    this thread motivated me to get my bread maker out, so i spent $20 on flour and yeast and will make my own. Its a bit of an effort to make the bread every day to two, but its worth it. I used to use my breadmaker a lot but then i got lazy.

    And its so much cheaper. I'll get 20 large loafs for my $20. and no additives.