thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    Gorgeous post TK

    I have recently found my ABA group and been to a couple of meetings now. I am enjoying it, and now going to be the person for my area who puts posters and stuff up at the local health services.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano
    5,303

    I love that little sucking smile... too gorgeous.

    My little treasure was sleeping through the night before that hot spell, but is now waking again. Bummer. I *think* I can snap her out of it though, by offering extra day feeds now that it's a bit cooler.

    Baby listened to my bloody ILs! She learned to tell the time and put herself on a regular feeding schedule. She feeds every two and a half to three hours. She's 2 months old now and I already miss that all day feeding frenzy.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Oct 2006
    Perth
    3,299

    Lovely post TK.

    HotI, that's great, my local group meets at the same time as playgroup so we never make it but I have helped out a few times by being a breastfeeding demonstrator at their classes. It's nice to help out.

    Audax, hope she sleeps through again, DD did the same thing. Sometimes those 2am feeds are nice and quiet though, just us but a full nights sleep would also be nice.

    DD is past 13 months now and we are still feeding she has about 4 feeds during the day and a couple overnight and she feeds to sleep as well. Some days it just seems like a lot but other days it seems like nothing because she feeds so quickly now. I still haven't got AF back yet either, is that normal?

  4. #4
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    E, I didn't get af back till 16.5 months with DS. That was after night weaning at 14 months and cutting back day feeds to 4-5

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    I got AF back properly around 7 months and we are still feeding day and night about 12 times. I think 'normal' is different for everyone, unless it's a problem for you it's not a problem.

    On hot days, especially if we are out driving, my LO is getting dehydrated and it's affecting her poos. I offer her water lots as well as BFs. She loves drinking water but a lot gets dribbled. SHe feeds lots but does get distracted when we are out. And it is usually an hour in the car for me cos i live in the bush. I think i just have to be conscious of offering drinks at every opportunity. She has a sippy cup in the car and usually a wet face washer to suck on.

    Feeding to sleep is not working as well as it used to, so working on other methods as well. Hoping i can get something to work soon. I am thinking about working for 1 or 2 days, so it would be good if there were methods other people could use to help settle her.