thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Member

    Mar 2007
    Perth
    2,088

    Thanks girls for the tips. Its definately oral thrush. Just want to friggin scream right now!!! Just cant get breastfeeding right, seriously.

    Also another question - DD starts off with a good attachment and its comfy for me. But around 5 mins into a feed seems to become tired and slips up against the nipple, which in turn hurts and damages my nipple. I have been taking her off and trying to re attach but she doesnt open nice and wide like she does at the start. If she is happy enough can I just keep her off the boob and switch to the other? Just dont know if she is getting enough...

    Sorry, its all dramas with me, and I have no clue about breastfeeding

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Ah no Is! It's best not to let her continue feeding if the latch isn't right. Have you called the ABA or got onto the LC again for advice? Might be best.
    But you do have a clue, because you're doing really well feeding your baby.
    I avoided thrush first time, but couldn't get attachment for 11 weeks. This time we had thrush for abut a month. takes forever to budge.

  3. #3

    Mar 2008
    Where dreams are now reality
    2,318

    Sorry, its all dramas with me, and I have no clue about breastfeeding
    sweetheart your not being dramatic at all and you will get the feeding thing its just that BFing can be incredibly difficult!!!! And I, like you, had absolutely no clue and interestingly enough DD wasnt much better for the first 5 months but you are sticking at it and your DD is feeding, so you are doing so great. It just takes a while to get over all the initial fiddly bits I had my midwife say to me when DD was 9 weeks, you will still be feeding when shes 6 months and I literally laughed at her and told her not to be so silly. Guess she's the one laughing now