thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    DD was doing that a while back, it might just be a wonder week thing too. And/or forceful letdown? Now she can deal with it but was often spluttering and pulling on and off. DS was actually playing at being mummy with his toy a while ago and said "Come on, have some milk. Oh, you got milk everywhere. Now I need a towel" - so I guess I wasw saying that a lot.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    Mad- yeah S sometimes splutters or chokes and pulls off, but then does it again later. Frustrating! And I think my iPhone is sick of getting covered in milk lol

  3. #3
    Life Subscriber

    Jul 2006
    Brisbane
    6,683

    Wow Mel, a month and still going strong. That is so great hun

    That is lots of wet and dirty nappies hun and really good weight gains. It does sound like you have plenty of milk. It is really normal not to feel full between feeds and with all those nappies you definitely have milk there! If you are able to go with the flow for a bit, it is likely that she will start going longer between feeds soon. Great work hun - I know how much this means to you.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    Wow Mel, a month and still going strong. That is so great hun

    That is lots of wet and dirty nappies hun and really good weight gains. It does sound like you have plenty of milk. It is really normal not to feel full between feeds and with all those nappies you definitely have milk there! If you are able to go with the flow for a bit, it is likely that she will start going longer between feeds soon. Great work hun - I know how much this means to you.
    She fed 17 times in 24 hours - is that too much?! I've tried the block feeding stuff, did it last night and this morning - and she actually settled in her bed after feeds, however, has been really unsettled this morning, wouldn't stay asleep in her bed, so I've had her in the carrier for a while now, just so she can sleep. How long does the whole fore milk/hind milk last for - does your body adjust and just make "milk" so to speak, or do you always have to be mindful of it?

    Ezy - hey lovely!! I have no advice, but wanted to say that S was doing the same thing at that age, she would take no more than 10 mins on each side and then sleep for a bit, and then want another side, and then have a longer sleep. How I miss the sleeping period already!!

  5. #5
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    I think the mroe you enpty your breasts the more fatty the milk is.... MR will correct me if I'm wrong

    Ez, I'd keep waking him if you can to keep him feeding. He'll get there in a bit - they're often so sleepy early on, but then they wake up and it's ON. Maybe a nappy change or cold flannel even?
    I'm not sure what your story is with shields? Am I right that you expressed last time? I used shields from 4-11 weeks with DS as he just couldn't get attachment properly. I don't really have any tips.
    It's really hard with a toddler as well and takes a while to find your groove. Like first time round only x2.