thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Apr 2010
    422

    Well I'm finding breastfeeding in winter interesting. I feel like I am going to smother her in the bunches of all my clothes. Not to mention actually getting to my boob under all the layers. I don't seem to have one practical item of winter clothing. Oh and freezing cold nose and mouth first thing in the morning isn't fun either.

    Ripped off about the period Arimeh that really sucks.

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    oo congrats hoti! it certainly can affect supply. Your milk should continue so long as she feeds, but to what extent I don't know (I think it varies from woman to woman )

    Far out that's unfair A

    I hate cold nose in the morning!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    summer street
    2,708

    Kate, congrats on the BFP! My milk dropped dramatically at 16 weeks. DD continued to feed, but was more than willing to roll over and go to sleep without a boob because there really wasn't much there. I started getting loads of colostrum towards the end (I could tell from DD's poos) and DD didn't seem to notice the change. I also noticed DD's food intake increased heaps when my milk went down. Don't stress...your DD won't starve herself!

    Having fed through pregnancy, I can say I am happy I perservered, although I am having doubts about this tandem feeding business. Its hard when you're trying to feed a newborn and a toddler is screaming for boobie! I can't/won't have them on at the same time, so DD has to wait. She 's only feeding 2x a day, but occasionally DS needs to feed when she really needs it to go to sleep. Needless to say, they are my most stressful times.

    I don't want to scare you off tandem feeding, because I wouldn't change a thing!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Add leckert on Facebook Follow leckert On Twitter

    Mar 2008
    still on the teaching contract roundabout
    1,952

    that sucks Mel with the AF (oh and congrats for feeding your DD4 so long keep going)

    I don't post in here often but do read so I keep up with what's happening but...

    Someone tell me that the 3hrly feeds overnight for my 22mth old DS will end soon.
    He's just started up again (!) feeding 3hrly overnight - I thought we were getting close to the actually sleeping through (ie only waking 1-2 o'night); he's also started in the past week or so to feed on both sides - he hasn't done that since about 4mths old (occasionally but not this regularly). I've ended up falling asleep in the glider again and it's not being nice to my lower back doing that. The lack of sleep is just about killing me as I'm working basically full time in the classroom and lack of sleep generally means a very grumpy teacher. DS won't let DH get up to him in the middle of the night either unless he wants to be awake for a while. I'm yet to see evidence that it's a growth spurt either - doesn't seem much heavier than usual or taller yet.

  5. #5
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Teeth?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Add Sterla on Facebook

    Jun 2008
    Tasmania
    3,011

    I've been meaning to post here, but never seem to be able to find the time.

    I'm back here - I'm breastfeeding again!!! After DS self-weaning at 22 months, here I am 5 months later now feeding my new baby girl. I think everything is going okay, but of course there's always that constant worry about whether she's getting enough, etc. She's happy and settled and filling her nappies though, so all signs point to everything being well .
    The big thing for me this time round is that we are feeding without nipple shields. DS fed with nipple shields the entire 22 months, but so far I haven't needed them this time!

    I'm sure I'll be back here from time to time with questions and concerns.

    (Oh, and Mel that is so unfair about AF!!!!)

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Add leckert on Facebook Follow leckert On Twitter

    Mar 2008
    still on the teaching contract roundabout
    1,952

    Teeth?
    could be the 2yr old molars trying to come through - haven't seen or felt them yet (we apparently like biting here anything and everything - mummy's pjs, nipples, other people, toys, sheets ..... and the list goes on but it's mainly when he's tired or just waking up in the morning after he comes in with us)

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    6,900

    HotI- Congratulations!! I fed DD1 all through my pregnancy. My milk supply did go down a lot somewhere in the middle but I'm sure there was still something there and then I got colostrum. She did drop her feeds a lot but she was having A LOT before I got pregnant, like 10 a day or something at 14 months! So she went down to 2 feeds which was ok with me But I did make sure I tried to offer her those feeds anyway if she was distracted and not interested so that I didn't lose my milk completely. I found as long as she kept feeding regularly I made milk for her. Good luck!

    Sterla- I was wondering about you and how it was going coz I know you used the shields with DS. Yay for it all going great so far!! So happy for you!!

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Jun 2009
    vic
    2,886

    Got AF.

    Completely ripped off I say!!! *stamps feet*
    I know ain't it! I got mine back at 6weeks and its been like clock work ever since!