thread: Breastfeeding and high intensity exercise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    1,973

    I would be interested if anyone knew as well .. I'm breastfeeding my 12 week old DD2 and Iv started up some weight training , wondering if this would be to much ?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    In addition to the breastfeeding, i would also chat to medicos or others who have done it, so you minimise your injury risk. The relaxin hormone hangs around for awhile after birth, and going too hard too soon (or perhaps doing wrong exercises too soon) could put you at higher risk of injury.

    There was discussion about exercise and breastfeeding recently in my ABA group, just trying to find the info to see if it is relevant to what you are looking for.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    May 2013
    140

    Sadly, there is heaps of info out there on moderate exercise post baby, but what I call moderate vs what the ABA calls moderate are very different. All across the relaxin etc hoti, and good with the potential injuries. That info is available en mass. (and trust me, I wont be going straight back to 150kg squats or bench presses above my body weight.)
    Its bfing while doing it that is lacking in info.