Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding when pregnant Chatter Thread

Yeah I'm usually not worried about attachment because he has always been soo good, but he just seems to chomp down with a half opened mouth and it gets painful the longer the feed goes. But he's getting pretty good again, he just has to be a bit more patient for the boob to get out of the shirt!

I'm hoping I can continue to feed, although it's getting a bit annoying with this bump that has decided to appear on my stomach especially when there is a child on the outside digging in, and a child on the inside pushing out gets a bit painful sometimes

Better run, DS is now putting washing on for me....

i am paying heaps of attention to attachment! i am quite sore/sensitive and feeding can be idgy enough without me getting any damage. DD also wants to lightly rub the top of the breast while she feeds atm which is driving me crazy! i have to try to distract her or hold her hand and she is not always keen on that.

DD has also been sick and wanting to feed a lot more- but then on other days she isn't so keen. i wish she would understand that to keep feeding she has to keep feeding or else it might not be there when she does want it, but she is just little and doesn't get it.

I am glad that she kept feeding through this winter cos this is the second time she has been sick and when she is she doesn't eat solids, so it is nice to be able to give her all the goodies in breastmilk.

My DD hasn't had any feeds today. She doesn't feed when we are out now, but i have been home all day and she just doesn't want it. A mate has been staying so not sure if that is why. Also think she has teeth coming through. Wish she would make up her mind.

Ahh poor poppet. This being pregnant thing can mix them up a bit hey?

DS hasn't fed since 11pm... Normally he has one in the wee small hours of the morning before I go to work... But not today, he slept til 8am

(Side note: why doesn't he do 9hr stretches when I do NOT have to work?!)

I came home early today as the nanny was sick and he hasn't shown any interest yet... So yeah, see how we go tonight I guess.

Last night he had his bedtime feed, at the right time, and didn't feed to sleep. Weird. Wonder if this is the beginning of the end?

How are your nights going HotI?

Oh dear, I'm at the point in my pregnancy where breastfeeding is becoming increasing excruciating. Of course my DD likes to be permanently attached to me for about and hour and a half each morning while she dozes which is becoming rather painful. And my DS likes to stretch my breast out while he feeds because it must make it more efficient for him to feed.

Oh well, I can at least be happy that my supply is still going well. On days where I feel like I'm lacking I sometimes take a maxalon as it seems to do a great job at boosting my supply. I rarely have to do that so far though which I'm very happy about.

Hmmm, with DD AND DS still breastfeeding I think I'm going to have to grow a third breast for the new bub...

Dear daughter,

Please stop groping me. My armpit is not a toy, and your arm cannot fit in between your head and my breast. And, the freckle will not come off no matter how much you try.

Your loving Mum

The feeding is going ok, its just the groping that is driving me a little crazy at the moment.

Last few days we have had 3-4 feeds during the day and none overnight. DD will sometimes come in to our room early morning and has had a couple of early morning feeds (me hoping she will go back to sleep) but sometimes she just wants cuddles- or to play.

OP, how are you going? I didn't really get to talk to you the other day. Is your little man bfeeding again? I do like it when DD gets a good early morning feed on days when i work, cos then i can get myself organised without having to worry about a feed as well. I am more comfy too.

Mylitta, you are amazing. If i find any info on growing an extra breast i will let you know.

I am also finding i have to change positions with DD now, because the bump is getting in her way.

Hey Ladies,

I haven't read all the posts too long....I have a 20month old son who still is a frequent feeder. I'm pregnant again and am now finding my nipples starting to get sore like with both previous pregnancies (miscarriages unfortunately)....but i'm also finding I have no patience for DS touching me while feeding. ie. playing with my face, pinching (although he's not doing it on purpose, it's like just playing with skin and it pinches), touching my hair etc. I found this with both previous pregnancies too...Although i'm not fond of him touching alot normally i can usually tolerate it. i'm struggling with patience. Not ready to wean yet so no chance of that.
    Any tips, or anyone else find this? And what can i do for the sore nipples!!??

Hi Kirley64 I'm sorry you didn't get a reply until now..how are things going?

I did get aversion while pregnant (go back a few pages and you can read all about it) but in the end I persevered until new baby was six weeks old. Then dd weaned easily and I felt at peace since ds fed two hourly 24/7 for a few months!

Forget from last time even though wasn't that long ago. Did anyone else notice increased supply?

My boobs fill quite full, not sure how far along I am but assuming only early.

Forget from last time even though wasn't that long ago. Did anyone else notice increased supply?

My boobs fill quite full, not sure how far along I am but assuming only early.

No, my first symptom is baby fussing cos my supply is down (or let down or something). How are you feeling about feeding two through pregnancy?

Yeah DS has been fussing but my boobs still feel quite full so not sure what's up with that...have to wait til dating ultrasound next Friday to see if things are ok in there. And knowing my luck it will be to early to see and I'll have to wait again! Who knows!

Yeah with feeding two, my MW has advised that it be best if I wean DD even though she supports tandem feeding etc. she said she can't encourage it due to my low weight as she worries about my health. So I do understand but trying to get DD to wean seems even tougher. We were out yesterday picking house colours and she's yelling out "booby NOW mum!" Over and over so I ended up feeding her to shut her up lol it's going to be tough!

Default Breastfeeding when pregnant Chatter Thread

Thinking back, I had a very slight increase in early pg. that then evened out at about 8 weeks and then I had a significant drop at about 13ish weeks I think it was. My supply is still very low, but it's there!

Just joining in ladies .... I'm feeding an 18mth old and am 5w pregnant. I've noticed a big drop in supply I DD gets quite frustrated, I'm hoping my supply increases in the next few weeks for her.

Do I need to eat more (like an extra piece of fruit?) now that I'm pregnant and breastfeeding?

Thanks Sepata

MissM: I guess it depends on how much your LO feeds. And how much you already eat and your weight etc. For me I find I have to eat more than an apple. I'm tandem feeding now and am pregnant (not sure how far along I am). But because my weight is on the lower end I should eat more. But I've been advised have to wean DD this time for my health.

Oh - I have plenty of beef to chew thanks!

Well now the sudden drop in supply has hit so its taking extra long to get my little guy off to bed!

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I breastfed two kids through my third pregnancy, and all three kids are triandem feeding (although I think my 3.5 year old is close to self-weaning). It was tricky during the stage of pregnancy were my supply was low, but both my older kids are persistent and continued through. My DD1 probably feeds as much (or maybe more) than my DD2.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast