Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding when pregnant Chatter Thread

Mylitta she said it would be fine if I put on some weight but because my weight is on the low side she worries. I find it hard to maintain my weight as it is.

That's fair enough. Mummy has to be happy and healthy too

13w5d pregnant. All I have to say is- "ow ow ow ow ow ow OW!"
    Is this pain going to improve or will it just continue to hurt more over time. Im not sure I can handle it if it gets any worse. I cant really handle it now!

Does it hurt this much because theres no milk? I cant express any but DS is adament the is still milk in there.

It got less owy for me during 2nd trimester, so hopefully you get some relief soon. It is a good time to remind your little one to have a big mouth and good attachment etc. I also worked on doing a countdown 10 -1 blastoff! with DD so I could take her off if it was all getting too much. This came in handy when #2 arrived, and if he needed me, DD was used to a countdown meaning that she had to come off.

I never expressed to find out what was there, I knew my milk was down but was probably bit scared in case I couldn't express.

It got less owy for me during 2nd trimester, so hopefully you get some relief soon. It is a good time to remind your little one to have a big mouth and good attachment etc. I also worked on doing a countdown 10 -1 blastoff! with DD so I could take her off if it was all getting too much. This came in handy when #2 arrived, and if he needed me, DD was used to a countdown meaning that she had to come off.

I never expressed to find out what was there, I knew my milk was down but was probably bit scared in case I couldn't express.

Thanks HotI. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel then.
    By express, I meant by hand. Tried right before his bedtime feed and got nothing.

Got better for me in the second trimester, both times my milk died out a lot around then, too, (ironically). It's coming back a bit now at 22 weeks

I forgot about the pain haha and here I am doing it all over again lol
    It's harder feeding DD as it just feels really uncomfortable but have managed to get her feeds down to two a day! She asks for it so much more but that's all I can do especially with the drop in supply and the fact that DS still feeds so frequently. 9weeks down, many more to go!

Double post!
    Last edited by Eenee; April 17th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Still getting worse pain wise. But supply has kind of increased- I can hand express colostrum already. DS doesn't seem to mind that it has changed.

Bump for little_O

well, i am here again. i was tandem feeding (just) when this pregnancy began, but i think i can now call DD weaned. DS has cut down his feeds enormously, and is not as restful at the breast. I don't know if he will make it to the end, and i am not sure how much i want to keep encouraging him if he does look like weaning early. Tandem feeding worked for us, i really don't think DD was ready to finish earlier, but i also don't know if i want to do it all again.

My boobs aren't sore like i remembered last time, but i really dislike any fiddling or messing about. My supply has definitely dropped, and pumping leads to very little milk. Thankfully, i don't need to rely on ebm, and so DS will just have to deal with water and solids if i am not there. He is intolerant to dairy, which does make it a bit trickier. Feeding to sleep is rare since the pregnancy, but he is now pretty good at cuddling to sleep, at least at night.

well, i am here again. i was tandem feeding (just) when this pregnancy began, but i think i can now call DD weaned. DS has cut down his feeds enormously, and is not as restful at the breast. I don't know if he will make it to the end, and i am not sure how much i want to keep encouraging him if he does look like weaning early. Tandem feeding worked for us, i really don't think DD was ready to finish earlier, but i also don't know if i want to do it all again.

My boobs aren't sore like i remembered last time, but i really dislike any fiddling or messing about. My supply has definitely dropped, and pumping leads to very little milk. Thankfully, i don't need to rely on ebm, and so DS will just have to deal with water and solids if i am not there. He is intolerant to dairy, which does make it a bit trickier. Feeding to sleep is rare since the pregnancy, but he is now pretty good at cuddling to sleep, at least at night.

Good on you HotI you've done so well. Yep I weaned DS because of drop in supply. As much as I advocate tandem feeding, I'm not keen to do it again.

It's starting to get quite painful/uncomfortable (I'm 21 weeks). DS is wanting to feed allll night...I could just cry.

DD only gets to the count of ten (and mummy counts very fast at times) and tonight she told me "it's alright mummy your boobies be ok mummy" and gave me a big hug

Thanks hotI!! I only just saw this!!

Yayayay!! *does a little dance*

So good to know I'm not the only one going against the doctor hehe!

Dd still wants to feed, but I don't think it's as satisfying for her anymore. She doesn't seem to go to sleep at the breast as much now. Would my supply have dropped of now? I'm 14 weeks.

Feeling so tired and weak. Is that because of the combination of the both??

Hi all,

Jumping in here. Have only recently found out I'm pregnant (so I'm guessing only 5-6 weeks) but feeding is becoming really painful already. I was hoping to continue feeding for a while yet but I'm guessing its only going to get more painful??
    I've noticed I'm constantly starving. All. The. Time!! I'm guessing because of doing two things at once.

Hi Lady-bug!

I found it painful at first, then got better, and has become a bit sensitive again. I assume it will come and go? Someone further along may know more

I found I'm more hungry AND super tired too

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast