Oh bloody heck, this better not be normal now!!! No way I can cope with her waking this often for the next yr or more!! I need sleep and I doubt she actually needs this many feeds over night. On a positive note, we got a 5hr block of sleep last night! Although probably because she was up most of the day bc we were out.
I don't want to just start solids to make her sleep longer though, I'm just a bit worried that she's feeding more bc she needs some solids or something.


Why people think that their child is ready when they aren't 6 months old?
Probably because they seem so ready! DD seems to be showing all the signs and yesterday I tested out how her sitting was going and she sat up on her own for 5 mins, so now it looks like she meets all the requirements that you're supposed to, she just isn't 6 months yet!! That's why it's so confusing.

I also don't understand why at 6 months every baby is suddenly ready? With everything else we're always saying 'every baby is different, they all develop at their own speed', but not with being ready for solids?? Wouldn't some be ready earlier and some later? For example in the first post in the baby-led solids thread the poster started her DS on BLS at 5m 1wk because she thought he was ready and he seemed to be and ate a lot early on (she commented that he had eaten a whole pear at one time). On the other hand some babies like yours Mel don't start eating much until over 7 months. So every baby is different. Do we go by the signs they're showing us or by their age?

And do they take into account when the baby was born? e.g. one baby may be born 3 wks early while another is 2 wks overdue. Does that effect when they're ready at all?

Anyway, those are all the reasons that confuse me and I still don't know what to do, LOL. I will wait another week at least (until she's 5.5 months) and then reassess.