I had day surgery when my DD was about 12 months old and I was still BFing her. Yes Trill is right, it is nil by mouth for 12 hours before surgery. I talked to my anaesthetist about this and she allowed me to have one glass of water when I woke up the in morning. She also suggested I pump and dump the first feed after surgery. But I actually didn’t do thisbecause I just couldn’t be bothered. I just waited a while to feed my DD and she was old enough to have food and water in the mean time.
And congratulations on your BFing journey.Onwards and upwards from here hey.
![]()




because I just couldn’t be bothered. I just waited a while to feed my DD and she was old enough to have food and water in the mean time.
Onwards and upwards from here hey.
Reply With Quote
Bookmarks