knowing how difficult it is to express that much milk I would be livid! Will you say something to management to make sure it doesn't happen again incase "spiking the coffee" becomes an office joke?
knowing how difficult it is to express that much milk I would be livid! Will you say something to management to make sure it doesn't happen again incase "spiking the coffee" becomes an office joke?
Find out the going rate of BM ... I don't think it that cheap, and invoice whoever stole it. There was an ice cream shop in the UK buying it for 20 pounds for 8 ounces ... that makes what they took worth about $25.
Did they actually drink the coffee? With someone else's bodily fluid in it? To me that would be on the same level as someone spitting in my drink - yuck!
And I would be annoyed that they just used it knowing that it wasn't theirs, even it it was just normal milk.
Do you know it was intentional? If it was, they all need to grow up, if not, well accidents happen and it might make for interesting conversation at this years Chrissy party!
I just told DH about this ... he works in recruitment. He has just done a whole heap of training around the new sexual harrassment laws and he reckons that not only do you have a massive reason to complain to HR (and even file a case against them) but so does anyone that drank the BM. He said not that there is anything wrong with your BM but it is about creating a safe workplace for you and for the other people that you work with. As your BM is a bodily fluid, other people drinking it without their knowledge also creates a whole heap of issues.
I am pretty sure that under the new laws, even leading you to believe that other people drank your milk is enough for there to be a complaint. You have the right to feel safe at work as do you collegues and what has happened is a huge breach of that right for you and other people who are unknowingly involved.
I dont' see how it could have been accidental - it was in its own bottle and would have 'settled' and not look like homogenised cow's milk at all.
If I were you I would feel hugely violated. How totally inappropriate. Definitely complain to management. Quite apart from anything else it is theft. I am really sorry that happened to you![]()
I'm feeling a bit emotional right now so I'd have to say that I would cry thinking that someone had taken my babies milk![]()
what poo heads
i would be putting a sign on the fridge door
"to the people that drank the milk in the babies bottle in the fridge the other day- you drank breastmilk that could have possibly be contaminated! Please come go and get yourself checked by a doctor!"
might be enough for them to cack their pants and go see a doctor who will hopefully scare the crap out of them and give them a stern talking to!!
Joke back on them i say!!
I'd be pretty peeved also, it's one thing to think it was funny and want to play a practical joke on someone (if that's what happned with it) but it wasn't theirs to touch!!!!! Surely in communal fridges it would be common knowledge that you only touch what is yours.
In my opinion it's really wrong.
Id be peeved, especially if stolen on purpose!
thumbs up for expressing, I know how draining it is!
I would be really upset over that!!!! Unless of course it was an accident then I'd laugh about it......
That's a violation really.![]()
maybe someone tipped it out thinking it was off milk?
I know where i use to work, once a week the fridge got cleaned out and if anything in there wasnt labelled or looking good it got binned...
Bookmarks