thread: Questions about breastfeeding during pregnancy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano
    5,303

    Got pregnant when dd was 14 months. She started switch feeding about three days after conception, which we recognised in hindsight.
    Milk supply dipped slightly but never dried up. I have read though that its as high as one in three that lose supply completely?
    Got colostrum at 25 weeks. Colostrum poos. Wow. Lucky I had awesome nappies.

    Still feeding at 26 months. She is currently having one big feed in the morning, one before her nap, one after and a quick token suck before bed.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Victoria
    7,260

    I was about 4-5 months when DD weaned. She was jut shy of her third birthday. I never noticed a drop in supply, and never had colostrum while she was feeding. I also didn't leak at all with either pregnancy before the baby was born so wouldn't know if I had colostrum before birth anyway! LOL

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Country Victoria
    1,991

    My girls never weaned while pregnant although I do believe my supplied dropped when I was pregnant with DD3 but it didn't seem to bother DD2. I was still tandem feeding for the first few months of this pregnancy and both girls were content but it was just too sensitive so I had to wean my 3yo for my own comfort, but have continued feeding my youngest. As for colostrum, I have no idea when it came in but I know that it was colostrum the day my babys were born as I had to exclusivly express for all of my newborns due to them being in NICU.