thread: She hasn't grown in 3 months

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    The walking thing may be because, although she did it with a walker, she isn't ready to walk herself. 13.5 months is not late for walking.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Gold Coast, QLD
    1,563

    She eats plenty of meat, sometimes she strips the meat off her sandwich and eats that then throws the rest on the floor, she loves it. I've compared how much she eats with other babies her age and she eats 5 times what a 12kg baby eats.

    I'm scared they will subject her to blood tests and godknows what else. She doesn't tolerate pain well and I just don't want to do that to her. :-(

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    FWIW my DD1 weighed 13 kg for almost 12 months. I can't remember how old she was, probably from around 18 months? I was worried for a while. She's now a healthy 10 year old

    Walking in a walker can't be compared to walking unassissted. My neice is 14 months. She's been getting around in her walker for 4 months now, but shows no interest in walking yet In a walker they're just pushing around with their feet. Its completely different to walking. Is she pulling herself up on things?

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Gold Coast, QLD
    1,563

    By a walker I meant an A-frame that she pulls herself up on and struts around. I know 13.5 months isn't old for walking, my son didn't walk until 15 months but he wasn't interested like she was, everyone thought she'd be walking by 11 months the way she just got up and started pushing furniture around but it hasn't happened. As an isolated event I wouldn't worry, but coupled with her stopping growing...

    she's only 7.7kgs. She's so little everyone thinks she's 6 months old.

  5. #5
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Feb 2006
    melbourne
    11,462

    if it makes you feel better DD1 was 8.6kg at 12 months and just over 10kg at 18 months
    xxx