Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting baby on meat

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

sorry to hijack but I find it interesting that two different medical bodies differ on opinions IYKWIM.
    anyway wouldn't our antibacterial breastmilk and antibodies kill oral bacteria ? just wondering ? as I keep reading about other benefits of breastmilk - heals wounds etc.
    I guess we could wash dummy with breastmilk.
    When nursing I learnt human mouth has the foulest germs so if a fist hits teeth as in a punchup - it was treated as a dirty wound and they gave antibiotics -just in case.
    I don't think I could chew meat and then give to my children but I read another post on BB where it is very common in some places to eat/chew and pass it by mouth to baby.

Trish totally off the subject... I've been spraying BM on my second degree burn & it is healing tremendously fast... in 1 week it went from aquiring a chemical burn on top of the second degree burn to looking like a really bad sunburn... amazing.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Christy I read that too - BM fantastic healing properties -wonder if they consider it in burns units - it is a sterile fluid to begin with.

Wow I had never heard of the chewing meat thing first. I can't share food with anyone (even eat off someone else's plate) so I couldn't do it, but it's interesting. I have licked the dummy a couple of times, only if it falls in a public place and Im desperate. I have a stomach of steel so not worried about myself. But for bubs, would prefer my mouth than floor (I slobber over her all day with kisses, so Im sure she gets some of that wiped into her mouth!)!!!
    xo

LOL, I love how this is now completely off topic,lol.
    Fraser I would cook meat normally ut make sure its not pink and then whip it up with the blender (I use a hand blender, but want the magic bullet, lol. with the veges. I always cook to much and store it in the freezer for those nights where we have taco, fajita, etc. Boiling it would make it more tender to blend, I should do that, but I'm way to lazy.
    With the mouth thing, Yep as an RN I have also been taught that mouths are dirty ses pools, lol. I have never chewed my kids food, lol, my choice. but I have sucked a dummy or two. I always wipe it on my shirt/nappy/blankey and then suck it and give it to them. I have used a wipe and then still sucked to get rid of the yucky taste, lol.

jeseka101 Guest

Smile pregurged?

I find it really amusing that you guys mentioned about the "pre-gurged" eating. i personally wouldn't do that, but i definatly suck tiara's dummy when it drops on the ground, i call this 'building natural immunity', kind of like breast feeding really.... but each to there own really isn't it don't ridacule others, they are the best mothers and fathers they can be, each person parents in the way that works for them. i personally think that those parents who are anal about sterilisation are living in a dream world. childcare, and exposure to germs etc are what make children children, who wants a bubble child? not me! tiara went camping at 2 weeks 4x4ing at 3weeks and comes everywhere with us. i say good on you what ever works for you and your child is the best thing you can do for your family. you do realise that if you are incedibly stressed about these issues your child can sense this and will most likely be a upset, uptight baby!

jeseka101 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    Trish totally off the subject... I've been spraying BM on my second degree burn & it is healing tremendously fast... in 1 week it went from aquiring a chemical burn on top of the second degree burn to looking like a really bad sunburn... amazing.

BM Can also be used for when bub has a snuffly nose, like how they use saline drops to clear it, my partners mother is and ABA councillor and she said if T is blocked the natural antiebodies in the BM will help it get better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12