This is a wonderfully inspiring thread, kinda tempted to write a "wish list" of places to breastfed!
The feed was discrete etc but as a BF mumma you can just tell when another mumma is BFing, and to be well into a pregnancy... aweinspiring.
I did hear you speak and your DHs colleagues. Lots of tears shed by me. I wrote in the memorial book and made a comment about BB as I know so many wanted to support you but were not able to be there in person. It was a lovely memorial, your DH was well loved by so many.
This is a great thread!
I'm collecting transport modes... we've done train, plane, tram and bus. Once Brissie ferries are all sorted, we'll take a ride to daddy's work and we'll have the full quota!
I don't really have anywhere "strange" yet... my most exposed was on a bench on Stanley St (four lane busy inner city road) She was a week old an we were on our way home from the markets.
I think the memorial book is still with work. They were all finding it too hard to write anything and wanted to keep it for a bit longer. But thank youDD is actually still feeding. 7 months tandem feeding and still going strong. Who'd have thunk it
![]()
Wow - I hope to be able to feed through a pregnancy and then tandem feed at some stage in my life, DP doesn't want to TTC number 2 so we will have to see how long DD BFs for or if there are further siblings that I might be able experience that with.
Congratulations on your breastfeeding relationship!
Topic - Other places we have fed - we fed on the ferry back from the zoo, the train, a bus, a plane, have fed in a car (not whilst it was moving obviously - but on the side of the road whilst on a road trip). Um, walking around the shops - both in a sling and just in my arms... there are more I am sure.
I love re-reading this thread ...![]()
Today - the park at Lake Gillawarna near Georges Hall... DD was running and fell over so it was mummy milk to the rescue!
ETA: the above was a 'strange' place as DD is 26 months old and I got all sorts of looks.... oh well!
Last edited by tk1999; November 6th, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
I never saw this thread!
When I was in Ireland, everywhere was weird according to most, because DS was 19moBut, in Ireland, DS decided he really needed to feed in the burial chamber of Newgrange (neolithic stone druid site), so I sat on the floor in there, looking up the light shaft to imagine the Winter Solstice and Druid priests doing their thing right where I was sitting!
All sorts of places, though, that I've fed. I was doing gas suit training with fire brigade it was assessment night. DS was about 8 weeks old. He'd been asleep for most of it, and decided to wake at the moment I had JUST finished donning all the gear in correct order (my structural gear, gas suit with the gumboots attached, my breathing apparatus and my helmet), so I then had to take it all off, in correct order (according to Fire Ground Practices or I'd fail the exercise I was being assessed on), strip out of my structural gear and get an engorged (oversupply) leaky boob out. I was so proud of myself - not just correct order, but record time, too!
My crowning glory, though, has to be the time I was out with my horse where I used to agist, and DS was riding with me at my front. He would have been about 2.5yo or less, but he had a helmet and I was riding bareback with him. It was a warm day and as we rode around the arena he decided he was thirsty. No-one else around to help with my horse, so I lifted him up, turned him around and let him feed - it was such a blissful moment, combining the two things I'd been most passionate about in my life till that point! Ever since then I've been planning a photo of the kids and me on my horse, feeding DD - but DP is one of those who suddenly becomes allergic to cameras when I ask him to take photos of me...so I'm still in planning stages! I wanted to have it for the ABA calendar, ya know, some time before I stop breastfeeding...!
Bookmarks