I feel the continuity of care for new mothers albeit 1st or subsequent births in Australia is dire considering all pregnancies and babies are different!! As a new mum - to my 3rd - in the UK, the midwife visited me at home everyday for 10 consecutive days enabling me to ascertain a routine, heal, milk come in, deal with my emotions and other issues thrown at me and have the support of a team of midwife's to answer innumerable questions, weigh my baby and HELP with breastfeeding. With my 4th baby born in Australia I was on my own. On day 5 having to make my way to the community centre for her heal ***** test whilst dealing with terrible problems feeding thus amounting in 3 courses of antibiotics and visits to the dr. and Ob.whilst dragging a 20month with me between feeds and sleeps.....not to mention the soreness of giving birth, um the last thing i wanted to do!

I think that makes a small point -

Good luck!!

YummyMummuy xx