Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yipppeeee... first step to in-public BFing confidence!

OMG, that is awesome! I knew you could do it . So, what's next ??!!

Congrats, Ash!

I'm an H cup, so I sympathize with how difficult it can be to BF! (Not to mention find clothes that fit properly, get comfortable to go to sleep, manage the backpain, etc.) It does get easier though, I promise (the BF that is, don't know about the other stuff!). After 7 months of BFing, I sit down and feed Aurelia whenever, wherever - we're just so used to it iykwim?

Hmmm... next should hopefully be somewhere like one of the benches at target as opposed to dropping everything and running off to the parents room lol!

Babysocks - thanks for sharing your experience... always good to heat from someone in a similar position lol. Apparently the 16HH i've been wearing is actually an equivalent to AU-16L... mmmm L for LOL - large enough to have their own gravititational field, I say...!
    "Not to mention find clothes that fit properly, get comfortable to go to sleep, manage the backpain, etc" - Sleeping... hmmm i have lost all hope of ever being able to sleep on my back... i'll suffocate myself!!!

I'm glad there are other women who are big breasted and understand the joys and trials of BFing! I'm a 46 DDD and I stayed home for 3and half months when my oldest finally latched on after having hear tsurgery at 2and half months old. I didn't want to wear a shirt the majority of the time because he was very hungry and i was very uncomftable, then I finally got over it at realtives wedding. I had good encouragement at the time from another relative who BFing her second child at the time.
    Congrats to everyone!!!

Talking once shy (but no longer) publicly breastfeeding mummy extraordinaire...

Oooh Ooooh I just had to update .

I am the "once shy (but no longer) publicly breastfeeding mummy extraordinaire..."

We have now breastfed:
    In parents rooms.
    At mothers group.
    In front of my grandparents (why that was even a hurdle I'm not sure!).
    In front of my very awkward friends, including at a 21st party where it seemed drunk people wouldn't stop staring!
    On many uncomfortable buses, trains & trams!
    In the middle of a supermarket aisle.
    On one of those display beds in Target.

& then yesterday at the launch which I though was exciting because normally i'm very apprehensive and get half covered with cloths but nuh-uh not me. Woohooo! And having a semi-conversation with a BFing mum next to me no less! (thanks Ange )
    Although I couldn't decide whether this was more of an achievement because it was the BFing friendly BB girls or less of one I was proud.

Anyhow, so it may have taken three months but we got here... And i'm so happy about it!

Good for you Well done!

Woo hoo AJ, well done hun. I always knew you could do it . What's your next goal now - jumping out of a plane!!?? You can do anything you want.

Good job AJ!! Not only have you come so far for yourself, but think of what a great example you've set for all of those other women/girls who are going to bf in future. I like to think that we are educating society, encouraging them to accept bfing as natural and common.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123