Thread: Another green poo question

Default Another green poo question

My DD has just done her 5th poo for the day. She has been doing about 5 a day for a couple of weeks now. They are mostly green with some bright green. I am not too concerned about it yet but I am thinking about it more and more. She still smiles like normal, she still has the same cranky patches. She sleeps sensationally at night.
    Her really green poos do smell a little bit. She has 6 feeds a day and still feeds both sides. I change sides when she keeps coming off the first side and fusses a bit. I have always done this.
    is bright green poos which happen frequently over the day anything to worry about? My next MCHN visit is 2 weeks away so I ask you lovely girls!

morgan78 Guest

i'll be interested what ppl have to say as my DD has been doing really smelly olive green poos lately...sorry im no help.

Hi,

If it is "just" green poo - don't worry about it. It sounds like things are pretty good for you - sleeping well at night is great. If her behaviour is normal, once again, great. 5 poos a day is normal and so is 6 feeds a day - at that age they will usually want both breasts at each feed. What have her weightgains been like (I'm guessing pretty good) Weight tends to slow down anyway around the 3mnth mark. So, if that's the case, I really wouldn't worry too much about it.

Regards
    Barb

Thanks Barb,
    She hasnt been weighed since she was 2 months but before then her weight gains have been fine. She is in the top percentile for length, weight and head. Born over 10 pounds, she was never going to be small.
    Its amazing what conversation can be bought on by poo!

Hi - my DS also has green poos alot (I sometimes feel we've become poo obsessed) - but often of the explosive diarrhoea type. Anyway, the child health nurse (and MIL) reckon he's a bit of a glutton, and that's why. The peadiatrician suggested expressing some foremilk before starting for a few days to give the bowel a break from higher-sugar milk. That seemed to clear it up right away, though he's still doing green poos at times.