Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breast Refusal-Exhausted all idea's

oh nickers! *hugs* again. Matey its so hard. I found that co-sleeping helped too, because Jovie would feed overnight heaps better than during the day. I tried the bath thing & couldn't do it LMAO... too slippery & hard. I found that skin to skin helped overnight with a huge pad under us. Jovie used to pull off and scream everytime she saw the breast and milk would go everywhere... so frustrating.

Thanks guys.
    this sideline thing isnt really working, ive had a few more goes at it with very little success. i need DH help to do it all and he goes back to work on Monday.
    unfortunatley im really getting over it all as much as i dont want to give up its getting really hard even to keep expressing.
    Dh had to go out thismorning so i got my first tatse of getting a toddler and a newborn sorted aswell as myself and expressing was the last thing that happened after several stop start attemps.

The Paed we saw yesterday was really quiet negative towards it all and basically said to me if he hasnt taken it now he never will....... not the kind of encouragement i was looking for!

Nic, don't worry about paeds. They are usually not bfing experts. I think you need to look into your heart to decide what is right for you. If you think it is too hard now and give up, only to find that in a week you will feel guilty and regretful, then maybe it is worth perservering. On the other hand, if you really think you can give up the bfing and feel at peace with yourself, then I guess that's your answer. Only you know what is right for you hun.

If you do decide to continue, my advice would be to get the name of a good LC from Barb, and contact her ASAP. Whatever it costs it would be worth it to get you through this tough time. Having both a toddler and a baby to look after is challenging enough - I can't begin to imagine how you are coping atm.

I am sending you big hugs and best wishes for sorting this out. Please follow your heart hun, I really hope you find the solution that gives you peace now and in the longer term.
    Last edited by MantaRay; November 2nd, 2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typo

Hi,

I am convinced from personal and professional experience, that babies of any age can and will go back to the breast. Many mothers find that the supply line (SNS, tube, whatever you call it) is finicky to use, though they can be a great help. Go back and re-read my last post about the skin to skin babyled attachement. And, I'm still happy to find you an LC if you want
    Warm Regards
    Barb

HUn, follow what Barb has said. I can't give you any more help than that, I'm sorry!
    You know where I am if you want to chat.

sorry i havent pm'd you yet Barb i was just a little hesitant to go forth with hiring a LC consultant i recently was let down by someone i gave my money to and afraid of it happening again.

ANYWAY,

ladies i have some VERY exciting news to share with you all......................

drum roll.........

Tyron likes boobies!!!!!!!!

you wouldn't beleive it im so happy right now!!

after a failed bf attempt with the health nurse (finally took this long for my first visit) yesterday she mentioned trying a diff nipple sheild, she said she'd go hunting for this particular one for me.
    anyway i showed her another one i had diff shape (actually got it from hosp with nix) i had tried it in hosp but hadnt really used it since being home. (using advent ones)
    so the next feed comes around & Nixon is asleep. i turned the telle off and gave it ago and wouldn't yah know it, straight on sucking like a trooper hehe!!
    he fell straight to sleep after i didnt wanna disturb, hadnt changed his nappy but just let him be. Anyway that was 4pm he slept till 7.30pm!

so when he wakes up i jump in the bath with him and attempt in the bath....voula sucking again bug sucks and swallows like he's been doing it all along!!
    so from 7.30pm his next feed wasnt till 1.30am 6hrs off the boob!
    didnt wanna push my luck so gave him EBM in bottle next feed, then ive just succesfully fed him again at 5.30am, he's in my arms watching my type!

im so stoked after 4 LOOOONNNG and tiring weeks and many tears i think this boy may have turned the corner!

thanks to all the girls who have been encouraging me to keep persisting i could have given up so many times, this has truely been the most challenging task i think i have acheived in life.

ok so he might still have a few off days and doesnt want it but i know it can be done now and thats given me enough power to keep at it!

whooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Oh Nic that is great news congrats xox you must have the patience of a saint! I haven't posted in this thread but have been following it when it pops up.

that is fantastic- good on you for keeping it going!!!
    Welll done!!!!
    you are doing a great job!!!
    odette

Well done Nickers and Tyron! Good on you hun, what a huge effort you've put in I'm sure you feel it's been worthwhile, even after just a couple of good feeds.

Even if he hasn't totally got the hang of it it will spur you on knowing that he CAN and WILL breastfeed!

Nic I'm so glad that Tyron has finally taken to mummy's boobies, I so proud that you have given it so much effort, your a wonderful mummy.

hugs xoxo

That's fantastic new Nic - I'm so pleased for you. You worked so hard and were so patient and i'm so glad it's finally worked - woooohooo for you and Tyron

Julie x

That is the best news Nickers

woooooooooooohhooooooooooooooo, I just found this thread this morning so I have just read it from top to bottom and have been feeling your frustration. I have tears in my eyes and feel so happy for you , I hope things are going well for you today all the best

thank you so much everyone!

well i am happy to report that Tyron is going full steam ahead with the bf! We had succesfull feeds each and every time yesterday i even fed in public lol! (had to go trying on bridesmaids dresses)

Because i have only been expressing my body doesnt know how much to produce so its been producing maximum. now i am trying to NOT express because i have WAY WAY too much for Tyron.
    my boobs are like rocks ive just been expressing to feel comfortable. Yesterday on the drive home i had to sit in the passengers seat with a cloth and just elt one side drain a bit cause Tyron had only taken one side the feed before.

again if it wasnt for everyones words of encouragement, offers of advise and understanding there is no way i think we would have suceeded so thank you to everyone once again!

Hi,

You have done a sensational job. Well done. Supports my unshakeable belief that babies are meant to breastfeed - and all will, given time.
    What are his wet and dirty nappies like? Plenty of poo? Keep an eye on it. Even though he's 4 weeks old, he's still on his L plates with breastfeeding. Don't be afraid to express a bit and even just freeze it until all signs are showing that he's totally mastered breastfeeding

barb

Thanks Barb, yeah plenty of wet and dirty nappies in the past 24hrs, he has been somewhat unsettled after feeds so not sure if its cause im drowning him in the milk or maybe a bit of reflux starting. In regards to freezing milk i have approx 10litres frozen and filled up both of my freezers! Thats why i am not as concerned if i have to loose a little in the shower/ on a towel cause there is a abundance of supply.

Nic, I haven't posted ni here but have been reading your journey. I just wanted to say a huge WELL DONE to both you and little Tyron. You guys have done a great job. Breastfeeding is a partnership between you and your baby and it sounds like you guys are finally working together as one.

Oh Nic you are an inspiration chicky! Well done! I'm so happy for you both

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast