Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Health nurse says need more formula

I was going to say the same as Tanya - I wouldn't go back and see that stupid MCHN at all. You know way more than she does!

I am so, so glad to hear that you have found someone supportive and that you are feeling so much better. Great stuff.

Woohoo, that's fantastic news Maz!!!! Good on you for sticking up for yourself, and Mateauz

Go Maz! Mandy sounds great, I'm glad you have that support

I complained about a fill-in MCHN who gave me bad BFing advice, among other things. If nobody ever mentions it, how can they improve?

I just wanted to update everyone on our progress.

We havent been back to our MCHN since the FF day. Mateauz has started solids and is loving it. He still has his ONE and only bottle of FF at night but has his girls atleast 6 - 8 times a day still.

He has started wearing size 00 clothing and is jsut so happy. He's sitting here next to me in his rocker cooing and ahing at me and when he catches my eyes he smiles and giggles. he has just started to roll onto his side and loves stnading (his out help of course)

he has finally grown a bum too ...woo hoo!!!!!

But my main aim of his is to say.....HE IS STILL BREAST FEED!!!!!!!!

Im exopecting the MCHN to ring next wednesday when we dont turn up for our appointment...dame it we'll be in Mt Eliza...what a shame!!!

Thank you to all you wonderful girls who have helped give me the courage to believe in myself and my son.

You rock maz!!! And Mat has grown a very nice bum too - must be all that good booby juice.

Well done Maz! Go mother's intuition! I would call them and tell them that he is growing nicely without the extra formula. have you weighed him recently? if you have tell her how heavy he is and that he is becoming a little chubba!

Oh Maz hun, I couldn't be prouder!! Well done to you. That is fantastic news. I knew you could do it.

PMSL at not turning up for the appointment - good on you hun, you knew what was best for Mat all along.

That's awesome news hun! Well done to you both. You know, you should go and see her again just to make her eat her words and let her know that Mum knows what's best for her baby

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Gawd, this whole thing, of antibreastfeeding advice being given out by so-called professionals, it's sickening how prevalent it is.

i've just been thru two weeks (in hospital - where women get sent for PND where i live) of being told by dietician, nurses, doctors, how irrelevant breastmilk is to my bub (cos she's over 12 months!!!!), and was stood over, WATCHED, to make sure i carried out their idea - to drop from 12 feeds a day (we were demand feeding) to 2 per day. It was sooo stressful to drop ten feeds in one day. Hours of bilby grabbing at my top (her sign for a boob feed), her crying and being so upset. She was so confused that suddenly her feeds went away.

i didn't know what to say, when surrounded by professionals who were so adamant my BM was not a good idea, i had no internet to google references, nothing in my memory to trot out - just a pit at the bottom of my stomach - "this doesn't sit right with me AT ALL". The one midwife there, who supposedly knew about bf-ing too, was telling me to put cow's milk in bilby's sippy cup! As if that was more nutriticious than my breastmilk. I have since found out, in countries where babies don't have access to cow's milk, they still get their iron in other ways.

Crazy thing is, i have a healthy looking bub too, and i think if Mateauz has The Cutest Butt, well then Bilby has the 2nd Cutest Baby Butt - such a biased mummy.

we are at home now, doing 4 - 6 feeds per day, as she needs. And the opposite of what i was told is happening, she is eating MORE solids than she did in hospital (when only having 2 feeds per day).

I was so scared i would lose my milk in there. There was no-one on staff that was pro-breastfeeding (for a baby over one year), despite their official policies saying they WERE pro-breastfeeding.

sorry to hijack your thread Maz, just makes me so cross, that misinformed "professionals" can have us mums doubting ourselves, feeling like we don't know what we're doing.

Like you, but for a different reason, i have had very strong reasons for wanting to make sure the breastfeeding DOES happen, it's a personal decision, i decided long ago, that is my legacy, my gift to my bub, the most valuable thing i can do for her.

Gig, big big hugs my dear I feel ill thinking of what you must have gone through in there. Of course as mothers we sometimes make mistakes, but usually our gut instinct is right. And you know what? Even if your BM IS irrelevant (which it's not), so what if she's still BFing? It's not hurting anyone, least of all Bilby. Misinformation makes me really cross.

I'm glad you're all home safe and sound, and happy to hear that Bilby is eating more solids, because I know that will make you happy Keep on enjoying the BFing hun, it's such a short time in their lives..........before you know it she'll be running off to school.

Great to have you back Gigi

Hi,

You have been through a very tough time. It sounds like, thankfully, you have come out the other side.
    It's hard because you are at your most vulnerable, but would you write to them and tell them how you felt? It's really important. If you never tell them - they do never know. It is hard for management to ignore an actual letter - they will be obliged to record it and respond.
    Regards
    Barb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123