View Poll Results: Did this recipe help your breastmilk supply?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I baked them and my supply increased

28 84.85%
  • I ate the dough and my supply increased

10 30.30%
  • I baked them and didn't notice a difference

4 12.12%
  • I ate the dough and didn't notice a difference

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lactation Cookies Recipe - Increase Breastmilk Supply

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up Lactation Cookies Recipe - Increase Breastmilk Supply

This recipe is great for breastfeeding mothers wanting to keep their milk supply up or for increasing supply - and we've had a fantastic response!

Lactation Cookies – A DELICIOUS Lactation Cookies Recipe For Boosting Breastmilk Supply

I've created a poll, I don't know how scientific it will be since you are probably all eating varying quantities - 1 bowlful or 3 LOL. But just something to get an idea.

See our other articles:

* Low Milk Supply? Increase Low Breastmilk Supply With These Great Tips
    * Not Enough Milk? Concerned About Your Milk Supply?
    * Is My Baby Hungry? Do I Have Enough Milk?
    Last edited by BellyBelly; March 6th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

raw yummy lol

I knoooowwww, these cookies are so great! DD1 always finds my bowl in the fridge and gets stuck into the dough before I cook them (our oven is dodgy when it comes to baking, so I refrigerate the dough and take it over to mum's to cook in her oven)
    I have also found that I don't need to use any water with the flaxseed meal... maybe because instead of '1 cup of butter' I just use a softened 250g block, which might be too much? The mix is usually really nice and sticky, not crumbly or dry at all, and the cookies are wonderful. DH loves them too so I have to hide them when I do make them or he gets stuck into them as well

You can find sachets of brewer's (brewing) yeast in the home brew section of your local Big W, Woolworth/Safeway, Coles and some IGAs. It's a bit cheaper from supermarkets than to buy from health food stores or home-brew suppliers, I've found. Throw in as much as you like, 2 tbs or more

And YES, they DO WORK! I've found them especially helpful for afternoons and evenings when bub is cluster feeding and I seem to be all out of liquid gold - munch a couple of bikkies, have a big drink of water or milk (yum!) and you can *feel* your boobies expanding with fresh milk

My Fiancee found this page for me as I am getting stressed about breastfeeding my DD as I have continuing attachment issues and I am struggling to feel like I can keep going cause I feel like I am not producing enough milk.

I am going to try to make these and see if they work. A friend of mine is a former lactation consultant with ABA and has suggested I try them.

I too can vote for these cookies... my boobs have gone up a size in the last 3 days...!!

Just have to say again how amazing these are!! I recently made a batch as a gift for a friend's baby shower, the looks we got when she announced that they were 'breast milk cookies' was priceless She is due in November and has already asked for the recipe as she really enjoyed them, she said they're great with little chunks of dried fruit in place of choc chips if you're so inclined. Love love LOVE these cookies, they taste delicious and are GREAT for boosting supply almost instantaneously!

ETA And yes, it is TRUE that the raw dough works just as well, if not even better!! I cooked probably 3/4 of what I prepared each time lol, I'm always picking dough out - and yup, boobies were bursting after eating the dough
    Last edited by Glamourcide; August 9th, 2010 at 12:42 PM.

Default Lactation Cookies Recipe

Just subscribing so I can come back for the recipe!

Thanks Kelly..just printed it out.

definately going to try these next bub! my df is always saying i deprived the kids because i wasnt confident i had enough to satisfy them and switched to formula after 2-3 months each time...

Banana & coconut ones are tasty, but more doughy & less crunchy than Choc chip & cranberry. Obviously, the banana adds more moisture, so I could have left out the water.

Will make some kind of apricot ones next & leave feedback for that variant too.

Anyone else got a favourite variation?

hmmm im off to try these out, we r having serious supply issues here...

I just joined my local ABA & will be sharing the recipe (with a fresh batch) with the ladies.

mmm yum, i made these the other day and i only made 12 out of the mixture, the rest of the mix didnt make it into the oven....
    they turned out well despite my sleep deprived brain forgetting to put the yeast in after the song and dance i had to do to get it!! i am having another go 2mrw, maybe i wont forget a vital ingrediant...

Don't worry chick, I've done it plenty of times, too!! Hehe damn baby brain...

I chucked some of the yeast and flaxseed in some choc chip muffin base and it was awesome! Did the same job to

What is it about the yeast that makes it work?

yeast makes things grow.

no idea, but then, I have no idea how bumble bees can fly - but they do.

I was actually really interested to find out why to see if there is an alternative as we are yeast intolerant in this house, so I did some research and found out it's because brewers yeast in very high in B vitamins and other vitamins.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast