Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mastitis HELP

So glad you are feeling much better. Better to finish off the antibiotics for sure.
    It is good you are checking your boobs, as I have heard once you have it you can be more susceptible to getting it again, however I was getting it when DD was one month old I think and haven't had any problems in the four months since.
    Hope the cracked nipple heals soon too and you can enjoy breastfeeding again!!

Angel - Tried feeding him sitting up - he kept choking on the milk. So I tried feeding him lying down and that seemed to work better for us.

Thanks Molly

Hey Ezz,
    How are the boobs going? are you still using the nipple shield? How's the chin positioning going? I remember at one point it felt like I was feeding all the time as everytime I was too full or in a little pain I would wake my little man up and let him relieve me...Sometimes it still feels like all I do is feed he still loves his boob..

No - stopped nipple shield as I don't think boob was draining properly with it on. Still have the lump - despite positioning his chin that way. Going to physio this afternoon to get ultrasound on the lump. Hopefully that will do the trick!

Oh Ezz, I'm sorry that didn't do the trick, hope the ultra sound is positive. Hope the two of you are enjoying each other despite the set backs.. He is adorable by the way.
    Angel

Angel - I think he's pretty cute too! (He smiled for the first time today ). 2 lots of ultrasound & massage seems to have done the trick - physio was great! Will definitely go back to her if I have a troublesome blocked duct again.

Hey Ezz sooo glad it got fixed and that you found someone you like and trust..
    He is very very cute just adorable, believe me I know cute as my little man is one of the really cute ones and I'm not just biased. It gets so much better with the smiles and all the great noises they come out with. My man has learnt to clap and he jibbers away like mad.Its so much fun

? have to consult the road map on my stomach...

Hi guys. I posted re mastitis too and i think some of you responded to that so thanks! Ezz can you fill me in on what the physio did? Thankfully my latest bout seems to have cleared up now and I've had help with attachment, but would love to know what you found out via the physio so I can keep it in mind too because I so don't want to go through it a third time!

The physio used ultrasound to break up the lump & taught me how to massage my boobs properly to get rid of lumps.
    LC helped me with knowing how long to keep feeding on each side etc.

I'm so excited - I've been mastitis-free for a week now!

Glad you are feeling better Ezz

Thanks Louise

Lewis' Mummy - Should also mention that I check for lumps at end of each feed & massage out (and massage under my boob a couple of times during a feed because I'm prone to lumps there). I also try to feed without a bra as much as possible.

? have to consult the road map on my stomach...

Thanks and good to hear you're getting over it - doesn't it feel great when the symptoms, fevers etc go away! I've only got 1 more day on the antibiotics. Spent yesterday at a breast feeding day clinic and know that I'm doing everything I can to avoid another bout, but like they said, nothing will guarantee it, I just have to stay relaxed and remember I'm doing all I can - if it comes again (God help me!) at least I'll know it's not because of anything I'm doing wrong. I also massage it out, during and after a feed, use heat packs, express a little off if he's sleeping longer etc. The midwife/LC who helped me yesterday reminded me that after mastitis the breast starts all over again like when the milk first came in, so the skin, nipple etc are all sensitive again and the supply takes a while to settle down matching demand again. So fingers crossed we can all have plain sailing from here on in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12