Thread: Nipple pimple thingies

Red face Nipple pimple thingies

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone knows ......
    Baby has sucked one of my nipple pimple thingies up and its hurting when she feeds on the left side....
    Is that just one of those things that will go down over a couple of days or is there a way i can get it to go down or do we just feed through it?????

She has a little bit of reflux I think too so I am feeding her kinda sitting up and thats avioding the pimple thingy so that might assist.....

Hope its not a silly question but I never had WONDERFUL BB with Jacob so I never got to ask anyone
    TIA
    xoxoxoxo

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Kitty33,

I got a little bit of a blister, too, but on the nipple itself and it hurt like hell! Lanisoh helped but if you manage to feed her without her sucking on that part, it should heal relatively quickly, hopefully. Mine being on the nipple took a little longer! It does eventually go away though.

And no, it's not a silly question at all!

Are you talking about those little bumps on your nipple? I can't remember what they are called...

I had one of them get kind of inflamed once but it was fine the next day.

They are called "Glands of Montgomery", they secrete oil to help lubricate the areola and nipple, and yes sometimes they can get blocked. I know that you probably shouldn't do this, but I have had them block on me before and I just give it a little squeeze, like a pimple and find it will squeeze out, un block and all is fine. Either that or leave it and eventually it will unblock on its own.

Yes Trish that's right! I thought it was some kind of oil gland but couldn't remember the name

Wow... how interesting!! I always did wonder what those funny looking things were for!! he he he....
    It did get a "head" on it like a pimple so I tried to leave it for about 8 hours but it just hurt so much when she fed and I was worried about it bursting while she was feeding...... So i did "pop" it and give it a little squezz to get the yucky stuff out and it was all healed up within about 2 hours!!

Thanks so much for your help guys
    Its funny how with my 2nd child I feel all new to breastfeeding!!..... weird!

Thanks again
    xoxoox

Kitty, great to hear that it's all better for you hun.

My DP calls them brail for nipples So the blind guys know when they are close