I also had very bad anxiety around my second csection and I spoke to the drs and they gave me something during the op to calm me down. I also had a mental health midwives team help me and see me each day I was in hospital. I found that the more I talked about it the better I felt about it and the care professionals were better.
Beyond blue has a lot of resources in their beyond baby blues section and there is a lot of education occurring at the moment to health professionals to help them understand that the mental health of the mum is just as important as their physical health.
I also think that even though it is close to your date that you push for an emergency appointment to talk to someone. They can always make time if you are pushy enough . You aren't alone in your thoughts and feelings and the nurses aren't there to judge you but help you. If they aren't helping try to ask for a different nurse.
And you are allowed to have snacks next to your bedside. I can't eat for 24 hrs after an op so I can't help you with how soon you are allowed to eat. But just make sure you are stocked up and eat when you need. Are you taking iron tablets to help with your levels?
Bookmarks