Dear Leigh,

I had an emergency c-section under general when i was 29 weeks with no preparation and it was scary. I understand your fears. I did not go in to labour. I was bleeding, part of my placenta had just come out and my poor little DD's heart was beating at less than half of what it should be. So when they put me under i did not know if DD would make it. I was also scared i would not make it, especially as the doctors did not know if the blood was from me or the placenta. Everything turned out fine, I awoke (yay for being alive) and my DD was as well as could be expected and in NICU (yay again). I did not need a blood transfusion, and I was sewn up nice and neatly. You sound like you are going to have a top team of surgeons on hand that have time to prepare. Try not to worry too much. Easier said than done though I know.

Sending you positive vibes.