Thread: bright red bleeding and nausea

Unhappy bright red bleeding and nausea

Hi there everyone...

I ended up going ahead with my c section because of the size of my baby as indicated on a scan. He ended up being 10 lbs 13 oz bit bigger than my 1st, 40 cm head and 56 cm long...

anyhow just wondering with the bleeding afterwards.... they say to look out for any bright red bleeding...

well I have had really bright red bleeding, why do they look out for this? and has anyone else had this? I have also been feeling really nauseated.

Can anyone help?

thanks

I would be calling your OB or hospital about this as it can indicate that there may be fragments of the placenta left behind. It's better to be safe than sorry so I would get it checked out as soon as possible.

Hi Danielle,

First of all, a bit congratulations on the arrival of your nice big healthy bubba. I hope this caesarean was a much better experience than your first one.

Yes as Nai said, just call the hospital and if they are concerned they will probably get you to go in for a scan just to make sure everythings going okay.

Hey thanks for your help...

I had to be admitted back into hospital another night, I got so violently ill, I have no idea as I was feeling very well when the doctors discharched me the day i left. I had post-op ultrasounds done, and it all looks really good, the surgery itself was done very well. There is still a bit of fluid yet to come out which is normal and i had blood tests done which indicated my blood count was still relatively low, but it should come back up, which can be a cause of loosing blood during the op, and it can make you feel dizzy nauseated sweaty and unwell, also the midwives said my boobies looked as though I had mastitis too, so i was put an overnight antibiotics drip, and I emptied out my boobies with a breast pump with much much pain! But all seems to be well now.

Thanks chali'smumma, this time I had a few hiccups at the beginning not with the spinal or epi or anything it worked right away this time, but they gave me that blood pressure medication to bring my blood pressure back up to stop me from passing out and sweating and shaking, my heart had a reaction to the medication and I started haviing heart palpatations and passing out they gave me a big dose of adrenalin to keep me awake and alert, it worked I came really good after that. apart from the discomfort of being pushed and poked and prodded, and almost thrown off the table when they were bringing my baby into the world cause he was so big! hehe, it all went well.

That night my catheter actually fell out and so did my IV drip so I was up 5 hrs after the op walking to the loo assisted of course, dosed up on morphine, endome, panadeine, brufen, hehe I did not lack any pain releif this time in hossy I didnt feel mush and when I did they were quick to dose me up again! I am so glad i had the c section now and not a natural birth as his head was 40 cm!!! and the OB doing the surgery said that there jsut wasnt room for his head to pass. phew!

I am now at home recovering I am getting around alot better than my 1st one, but the after birth pains are killing me!

Thanks again!

paradise lost Guest

Just thought i'd say my friend had a boy with a 38cm head and it was 40cm on day 3 - it had moulded down to 38cm in the birth canal so he could get out. She had a long pushing stage (2 hours for a fourth bub) but he made it out ok...just in case you ever want to VBAC in the future.

I'm so glad your birth went well, i know you were worried about it. Many congrats on your lovely bouncing boy too!

Bx

Hi Danielle, I'm glad it all went well for you!
    Sorry to hear about your re-hospitalisation. And I'm glad you are starting to feel better! Hope bubba is being kind to his mummy