Thread: Aaaaaahhhhh Bleeding!

Unhappy Aaaaaahhhhh Bleeding!

Well I came home Friday night from work to find dark brown discharge with lots of clots and mucas, and since then I have had on and off bleeding with some clots and some cramping. It hasn't been the same as with my last miscarriage, so I am still not certain if that is what it is. I would be due for an AF right about now, but I believe it will be bad news, as with my dd's pregnancy I had none of these problems. I am still due for my scan on Friday so will have to wait until then to find out for sure. The doctor told me to go to the scan no matter what happened just in case to see if it was bad news and I would require a D 'n' C. So I guess more waiting again. I have had a good week too, sore bb's, nausea, even a bad morning which included vomiting. (Sorry TMI) All of that is gone at the moment. If it is not meant to be, that's my journey, but I really want good news, but at the same time I have all but given up hope. Through reading posts I know some of you have had some sort of bleeding at some stage of pregnancy, but did you pass small clots too & still had a positive outcome?

I think a few of the other girls have had clots throught their pg, and gone on to have positive outcomes, so maybe one of them will post in here..

Was all of the blood the dark brown colour, or was there bright red blood as well? As the dark is probably "old" blood and the red more fresh..

I experienced bleeding in my pg at 6 weeks, and again at eight weeks, and sharp lower abdominal pain from weeks 4-10 with Milo. The cause was not determined other than it was 'non-baby' related.

There are a few articles on the main BB site about bleeding in pregnancy, its not uncommon and occurs about 1 in 5 pregnancies.

I have everything crossed that your scan will go well and there nothing wrong.

Good Luck

Yes, I experienced exactly what you are describing, it went on for around 6 weeks on and off, started about 5.5 weeks.

Mine was caused by a subchronic hematoma, a blood clot formed under the placenta. It was very scary, but it has now resolved and i have experienced only a little bleeding since.

My doctor was very doom and gloom and sent me for an U/S to prove to me that I had miscarried as i wouldn't believe it. He told me clots coupled with the pain was a bad sign and that miscarriage was inevitable. I went to the U/S at 5w6d and they found a little heartbeat I had another scan 2 weeks ago and it was great news, baby was going great. I am now almost 14 weeks. I rested ALOT until 12 weeks, full pelvic rest, no lifting, didn't do anything that aggravated the bleeding. I won't lie, it was very distressing during that time, I hated going to the toilet, so afraid to see more blood. But we got there.

So I am one sucess story. I hope yours is the same, but I just wanted to post to let you know it is possible to have these symptoms and still go on with a viable pregnancy.

Prayers and thoughts to you, let us know how you go

Thanks for your thoughts and messages. The bleeding has started as brown and I know that is better than 'fresh blood', but I have had some fresh blood as well. Not enough to warrant a pad, but I know it is there. I just keep thinking that because I would be less along in weeks to when I m/s last year I might not experience as much bleeding! Not sure, but thanks Tara, it's nice to know that someone else has experienced the same thing. Just hope mine ends up as positive as your outcome. Will keep you posted.

I had a bleed at the 6\7 week mark too, no clots just two very red fresh blood bleeds. There wasn't alot but enough to freak me out. It can the be embedding in the unterus wall (apparently). If you really cant wait until the scan (I dont think I could) you can go to your Dr and just have a blood test done that checks a hormone level or something... it's pretty accurate. Someone else will know what I mean and might be a bit more specific.
    Good luck hun, I hope all is ok in there. My sis in law bled copious amounts for about 6weeks and her bub is still there and ok amazingly.
    Big :hugs:

JMG,

The bleeding issue is a hard one, because no matter what anyone says to you, you are going to worry.

It's natural. Is there anyway you can ask to move your us forward in the week? If you have the referral already, just call the place where you'll have the us and ask them for an emergency appointment. If it's a large group like MIA, they can look up other offices close by to you and move your appointment.

They did that for me 2 weeks ago and I got in really early and was very thankful I only had to wait 2 days instead of 3 weeks!

I had bleeding with this preg after a full-on weekend around the house when I was 7 weeks. It was dark, but it also came with the low down cramping. That was a worry and I made it through 2 weeks before I went to the Dr for the scan, even though the bleeding had stopped, I needed the reassurance as I also lost my last baby. (Not due to miscarriage though.)

So I understand the anxiety this causes, and my strong recommendation is try and move the us forward so you don't have to wait all week. Once you see your little one, blob and heart beat at this stage, you'll be able to relax more and try not to worry about things too much.

Take care and let us know how you go.

Unhappy update

Well today has been the worst so far. I have had period type bleeding and unbelievable cramping. Have been in bed all day with pain killers helping with the pain. (Nothing stops this type of pain!) My dilema now is that I HAVE to be at work tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, due to other managers being in Brisbane for work conferences. I was due to go to Brisbane, but because I found out I was pg I sent another manager instead. So I am on my own for the next 3 days running a business. So unfortunately because I will have to work 730am-6pm that counts out an u/s until my Friday appointment anyway. My mum is coming with me to the u/s for support, and I guess because I will be at work at least it may take my mind off thinking about it constantly. This bleeding is different to my m/c last year, but the pain is the same, unbearable and unfair. Will let you know the outcome either way. Thanks again.

Oh sweetheart :hugs:

Is there any other alternative to going into work ... whatever the outcome, you sound either too sick to go in, or should be resting heaps, not doing long days.

I know things probably don't seem very hopeful right now, but I will keep thinking of you

hope all is ok