Hey Angie,

My Mum was great. She has had 4 caesars so she knows allll about it. From the moment I was being wheeled into theatre (it was an emergency c-section), she said to start wiggling my toes once I was in recovery. She said it helps to get everything moving ASAP. So I wiggled my toes afterwards and made sure I moved my legs overnight until I was able to get up and moving around the next morning.

Get up and moving ASAP but don't over-do it. I found just walking from my room to the nursery every now and then was enough.

Take the pain medication - they offer it for a reason! As soon as you feel a little niggle, let your midwife know. Once you are ready to go home, you should be ok without much pain relief - just some panadol.

Just generally take it easy. There will be times where you will feel ok and forget that you have just had major surgery. Leave the housework alone. If something is really bothering you, get someone else to do it (and demand that they do it because it is bothering you).

Honestly, I think I had a pretty smooth recovery from my c-section. I wasn't in a great deal of pain afterwards and now I wouldn't even know I had been through it (except for the scar). It's not so bad.