Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter #3

*Megan* Guest

Theresa - thanks for sharing your story.....happy anniversary!

Just a quick question girls...do any of you still have tenderness or feeling over your scar? I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and can still feel some sort of sensation when I touch it. Does anyone else experience this?

Megan

Debbie Lee Guest

Theresa - thanks for sharing your story. Wow @ moving to a new town just 3 days before!! It all must have happened so quickly! The value of hind-sight is great, isn't it? At least now you can kind of mentally prepare yourself for the next one.

Megan - even now, 4 months later, I am still a bit funny about touching my scar. I am still afraid that if I rub it too hard, my guts will come pouring out, LOL.

Welshgirl - I was sick and actually vomitted during the procedure. It was funny because the nurse said "Tell me if you start feeling a little yuck". Just the mention of it made me feel sick! I said something to DH and straight away a kidney dish and suction thingy were next to my head. It was "interesting" when I had to vomit laying flat on my back and to the side. It was just because I had had some water earlier that day. Lucky they didn't let me eat my lunch!! Ewwwww! I was fine afterwards tho - just a bit dazed. The whole experience was sooooo bizarre!

Karen - thanks for sharing your story too. It goes to show that c-sections can be a positive experience and we shouldn't feel like we have failed just because we didn't have a "natural" birth (even though they vary greatly n e way!). Having a healthy baby at the end of it is the important thing!

Did anyone see Today Tonight last night (gee that sounds weird!!). For the first time in Australia a woman assisted with her c/s! When the head & shoulders were out she reached down and pulled the rest of him out & laid him on her chest herself!!! Apparently it happens quite a lot in the UK, but this was a first here.

What do you guys think of that idea?

Melinda Guest

I saw it on the Today show this morning Sarah. I thought it was amazing!! Apparently she suggested it to her OB who was in contact with a UK OB about it....they actually showed part of it on the Today show this morning and it was pretty incredible!!!

Oh wow that is amazing. I really hope it starts becoming the norm in Australia..that would be fantastic.

Jo

They showed it last night as well & it was pretty amazing hey Mel! The article isn't on the TT website yet, but as soon as it is I'm going to post it in the Current Affairs forum, so will let you all know when.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmm... not sure how I would feel about doing that, Sarah. I guess if it became the "norm" it wouldn't seem so odd?? I wish I had seen the story... ah well.

*Megan* Guest

I missed both of those shows! That does sound interesting - but not sure how I would feel about doing it myself...would love to know when the article is available though...

Megan

I saw it last night it was a lovely thing to watch. Not sure it is something i could do.

Hey Megan, My scar still hurts sometimes. It's mainly when I'm doing the dishes, the bench is at the same height as my scar, and it kinda hurts as I brush against the bench.

I missed the TT show. Would've been interesting to watch. Don't know if I would be able to do it though.

Nic

Megan - My scar is still tender and I find that if Mark brushes his hand down that way my body automatically tenses up, I also found after I vaccuum clean the house it`s quite sore the day after, it`s a major operation and it takes time to completely heal.

I was another one who missed the show.

Take Care

DEeanne

*Megan* Guest

Glad to hear that I am not alone with the tenderness..I was starting to think that perhaps there might be something wrong! Since I asked the question in this thread - it appears to have gotten much better which is good.

Megan

Melinda Guest

Mine was tender for quite a while too Megan.

I did a massive clean of the house on the weekend which involved vacuuming the whole house & I was quite sore on Monday (I did it Saturday). It eased during the day & by the end of the day I was fine again.

Has anyone suffered from pain in the area that the spinal/epidural went into?

This came up in the 1 - 3 month thread, Brooke had a epidural during her labour and I had a spinal block for my c/s. We have both mentioned how it is still quite painful and aches when bending and feels like a bruise. I have had Mark look at mine on a few occasions and he can`t see anything.

Take Care

Deeanne

Not for me that often but every now & then I think I can feel a bruise! Here I was thinking it was psychological, maybe not hey!

Sympathies ladies to those who are feeling like their back is bruised after an epidural or spinal block. I had a spinal block over 6 years ago and i still cant bear that part of my back to be touched. I have no idea what it is :smt102 I have an appointment with my anaethetist tomorrow regarding spinal block for next week and am so anxious about it...did anyone have it hit a nerve when it was being inserted?? Thats what happened to me and i am absolutely dreading it happening again 8-[

Jo

Melinda Guest

From memory it felt like there was a bruise there for a little while, and it was a bit tender, and I could feel it if I bent over.

Good luck with your appt tomorrow Jo......hopefully your anaesthetist will be able to shed some light on why that part of your back is so painful still and will ease your fears about next week's spinal block!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast