Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter #4

Melinda Guest

Default Caesarean Chatter #4

Welcome to the caesarean chatter thread!

Did you have a caesarean? Was it an elective caesarean or an emergency caesarean? How did you feel about it? Are you planning on having a caesarean (an elective caesarean or for medical reasons)?

Discuss your thoughts and feelings here!

Continuing our previous line of thought..

So I can blame my flabby tummy on my c/s??? Not the 250gms of chocolate I seem to consume each day??? (not serious!)

I wanna know the name of the doc who does the tummy tuck with the c/s!

(although I am planning a VBAC for this one... that might prove a little difficult...)

Ok, a question for you all

Do you believe if you have a c-section with a private hospital/Dr that you will have more control or more say in the whole procedure as opposed to going public?
    My DD was born in a public hospital who were great, but I keep thinking of how I really don't want a catheter, if the epidural doesnt work again and I need a GA, will they still let DH cut the cord... you get the idea!
    I feel that by going private I might get some input. So what do you all think? Am I just being silly or what? 8-[

Nic

Debbie Lee Guest

Nic... is it possible to have a c-section and not have a catheter?? I would have thought it was something that just had to happen - public or private?
    I went public and Neil was able to cut the cord for Gabby's c-section (although, it was already cut away from the placenta - he just cut it to make it shorter).

Nic,
    I had a csec in a private hospital and it was elective - a decision made by myself and then supported by my doctor.
    We had input into the date and my hubby was present for the cord cutting and first cuddles, I was under the impression that if things went wrong with the epidural or any other problems they would give me a general no matter what, and DH was to be removed from the theatre.
    Bec

Deb Aaron got the same - cut the cord after it was cut away, I guess they wouldn't like dad down there to see all the yucky stuff maybe.

I don't have the flabby hangy bit that you guys are talking about, maybe I was just lucky?

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL - I had the flabby hangy bit before I got pregnant so it's not such a big deal for me... kind of used to it!!

Melinda Guest

hehehee Deb!!

Sarah - yep, you're lucky!!!

My Dr told me way back when, that if I did the right type of exercises and lost some of my tummy weight my flabby bit would go. I was very sad I have to say that I got one, up until pregnancy I have never had any flabby bits or saggy bits for that matter. And mine actually arose during the last month of pregnancy, its said that if you have a high baby it can also happen as all the fat on your tummy falls to the lower part iykwim. Which is exactly what happened to me. I had hoped it would go away but alas it didn't. Here's hoping I'll have better luck this time, although I think this bubba likes it up high too!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melinda Guest

I didn't have any flappy/saggy/hangy bits before PG either Cai. It's a bit depressing isn't it!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe... I was hoping that pregnancy would "even out" my lumps and bumps. How wrong I was!! Although... I must say... it was nice to walk around without having to worry about my belly sticking out for a while. It was good to feel pregnant instead of just fat, LOL.

Hi,

I thought I would join you all in this thread. Had an emergency c/s on 4/7/05 after a long labour (see birth story). I was wondering how long you had pains for. I get some short pain a few times a day and am wondering if it is normal or not. I mentioned it to my Ob and he wasn't concerned. The reason I am asking is that we want to TTC in the next couple of months and I am trying to find out more info and get medical clearance first.

I had pains on and off till about 18 mths after with Paris. Everyone is different, one friend had it for 3 yrs and another just a few months.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I seem to get pains when I do anything too strenuous - like doing a major clean of the house ie all rooms, dusting, vaccuuming etc. Also after walking for a long time, I mean all day not just an hour sort of thing.

tiggy Guest

I don't think it's possible to have a caesarean and NOT have a catheter. The reason being that when you have the op, your bladder becomes traumatised and many women lose the urge to urinate. Thus the catheter. That and the fact that after major abdominal surgery, the last thing you want to do is have to get up and go to the toilet. OUCH!

Sadly, I had my flabby bits before I was pg, they just got worse and then when I lost 54 kgs it got worse again.

Have to agree with Deb that at least when pg, it is a socially acceptable excuse to be 'fat'! It's the only time in my life when I don't feel that others are passing judgement on my size.

Melinda Guest

I think I had pains on and off for a good few months Gemma.

I think you're right Tiff, that you can't have a c/s without a catheter.

Thanks Melinda, Cailin & Sarah, it is reassuring to know I am not the only one with the pains. I was glad I had a catheter because you don't feel it when it goes in and who wants to worry about going to the toilet straight after surgery. Speaking of flabby bits, I got DH to feel mine today when I was walking, feels so wobbly. In a strange mood today. My SIL is having plastic surgery to get rid of hers after she has her 2nd in Feb.

tiggy Guest

Gemma,

That is my plan too, after I have had these bubs...and lose all the weight again...a tummy tuck and a boob job!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast