DH and I are looking at having our next baby soon and I posted a question in baby discussion. Not sure if you know the info below (copied from the other post). We weren't aware of this.
Saw my Ob today and he still says 6 months since the birth before getting pg again. The main reason is the placenta can fuse the the caesarean scar and the worst case is a hysterectomy and half of my bladder removed. There are no actual stats on this because not too many people get pg straight away after caesareans. He checked my scar and was happy how it looks and he did say that if I did get pg now it would probably be okay. Saw a GP yesterday and he said it was okay as the uterus doesn't expand until 3-4 months into pg. Got my blood test back and all okay apart from low iron which is normal for me. I am supplementing iron as I knew it would be low.
This is a major risk so DH and I are going to discuss it further.
I think we are both heading towards waiting until December which will be 6 months after Amy's birth, It will only be another 4 months and the babies will be 15 months apart which is still close.
Bookmarks