Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #7

Default Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #7

Welcome to the caesarean chatter thread

Did you have a caesarean? Was it an elective caesarean or an emergency caesarean? How did you feel about it? Are you planning on having a caesarean (an elective caesarean or for medical reasons)?

Discuss your thoughts and feelings here!

Don't forget to check out the Birthrites website for further information about caesareans.

Catch up with the old thread HERE

Love

I was another that spewed during the op, just after Zander was born all over the Drs shoes ROFL!

Good shot Sarah

LOL they gave me anti spewing stuff... must have worked. I remember them forcing it down my gob as we were heading to the lift to go to the OR.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin, was that this white liquid stuff. Really grose tasting ?? If it was I had the same thing. That's what I spewed back up. Even groser second time around.

Ewwwww it was like mylanta or something gaviscon... nope thats not it they use it for reflux I think... or maybe I'm dreaming LOL! And it wasn't that at all. It was kinda fizzy medicine that tasted gross...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Same Cai, I had it too but it didn't work LOL. Not sure what I had left in my belly though cos I had already chucked on both mum & Aaron before. Damn epidural that doesn't allow you to have the feeling your about to chuck until it's coming out!

They gave me some foul tasting anti-spew too. It was so hard to drink. I got the shakes too and I nearly had a panic attack once Imran was out nad with DH. I kept hearing my heart rate going up on the beepy machine so I would have to focus on my breathing to get it down again before I flipped out - the aneasthetist's nurse ended up giving me a lovely neck and shoulder massage while they were stitching me up again which helped me calm down.

HEHE, Sarah, my mum got my waters and afterbirth all over her shirt when I had Joel. That's what she get's for standing so close to the table

I know mine was only that medicine. I hadn't eaten for nearly 24 hours before my c section so there was absolutely nothing in my stomach.

Oooo that would have been freaky. I had the stupid people playing tricks on me about leaving instruments inside me... I tell you at the time... not funny

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5... hang on no wait... let me count again... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...hmmm JUST KIDDING"

Yeah well buddy you might think you're a comedian... but NOT FUNNY!

I went from that to women groaning in pain in recovery and nurses talking about the amount of drugs they'd had on the weekend. Oh the memories LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmm... I don't recall any anti-spew stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if half of my memories are sketchy anyway. I was so tired and spaced-out... it was all quite surreal. Maybe Neil could tell me if I was made to drink something?

Dach... wow.. that would have been scary hearing your heart rate go up like that!

LOL Cailin - the staff were all having a yarn about their social lives etc. whilst I was in theatre too. I vaguely remember the anesthestist saying something about doctor/patient confidentiality working the other way too... what is said in theatre stays in theatre. I giggled like I had heard (or cared) but I was really thinking that I wanted to just get up and leave... I am sooooo over this!!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; October 27th, 2006 at 10:13 PM.

Oh Cailin, I actually had that thought when they were doing the op too. I was thinking I hope they get all of the stuff back out. See we watch too many medical shows.

I was the only one in recovery. It was a low activity day and there was skeleton staff on so it was just me and one nurse. It took them forever to get me back onto ward because there was no one to take me back up

OMG Cai that's horrible. I would have been freaking out.

Same here Trish, although it was cos it was 1.30am when I had mine.

Did bubs get to go in with both of you then? Coz if not that ****s me. Most hospital policy is providing that there aren't any others recovering DH& bubs should be able to go in as the nurses don't have to flit around to worry about anyone else...

*hugs*
    Cialin

Nup Zander was brought in as I was just about to be wheeled to the ward.

Nope, not here either. Noah was up in the nursery with Mark, my big boys had been but weren't allowed to stay to see me as visiting hours had finshed, mind you it was only around 8 ish.

Noah was brought to me after I was back in my room.

Debbie Lee Guest

Neil and Gab were both with me in recovery... and the place was full as a goog... was a bit scary seeing all the patients recovering from a general... they looked dead!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast