thread: Caesarian and tummy tuck..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Nov 2007
    Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows
    630


  2. #2
    Registered User

    Dec 2008
    NSW
    227

    Seroulsy somehting that I have thought about but I don't think I can with the diabetes....After 4 huge babies I would really love one and the thought has crossed my mind.
    I am looking more form the medical perspective as I have pretty major overhangs after 10 - 12 pound babies and I have a lot of trouble healing as a result I last one was over 8 weeks and then turned into a haemorrage and then a major infection ). Certainly if I was offered on I would look into it more.

    Are you considering from a medical or cosmetic perspective?

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Aug 2007
    Sydney
    142

    Hi

    I know its possible cause someone I knew about 8 years ago had it done with her second child. I understand that her Dr suggested it and that she had huge babies. But don't have any details for you.

    GL

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Sep 2009
    58

    Can Ob's actually do this? I thought that would be an area for a plastic surgeon? With my 2nd c/s he did scar revision (I get keloid scarring ) but he only took maybe a centremetre each side, nothing near a tummy tuck.

    I'm so jealous. I hate my apron tummy. DH says it's my battle scar, god love him, but I hate it so much. My tummy is actually pretty firm and flat, but then the apron gives my lower tummy a real funny look. Sighs

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    I'm not a fan of my "Stoodgey belly" as i call it either, but I'm guessing you'd have to have your Ob for the CS then a plastic sureon for a proper abdoplasty afterwards? And wouldn't they have to knock you out for the abdoplasty?

  6. #6
    ♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

    Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    8,982

    I've heard of some people having this, and they were in alot of pain after the two surgeries and recovery was longer than they expected. Not sure if that's something you'd want with a newborn to take care of at the same time.
    Kelly xx

    Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

  7. #7

    Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?
    5,374

    Mmmm I have some pretty amazing obstetricians in my life and there is no way on this Earth I would trust them with an abdominoplasty!!!

    An obstetrician is not qualified to do this type of surgery. I full abdominoplasty can take hours to do! Usually it is combined with some liposuction as well...

    It is major surgery in itself & I have never heard of it being done at the same time as a c/section.
    A mini one - maybe... but cetainly not at the hands of an obstetric surgeon! It needs to be done by someone with qualifications as a plastic surgeon...

    There are some cowboys and girls out there that have done the quicky course and I personally have seen some tears when they are let loose.

    As with most things there are those that are professional and you need to consult a fully qualified plastic surgeon... IHTH

  8. #8

    Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?
    5,374

    Oops othersposted whilst I was compsing my response...

    Yes, you absolutely would need a general anaesthetic. Have a google of what it entails - I am sure there are photos/videos on youtube...

    Absolutely correct Kelly - I think it is way too much to recover from as well as bonding with that beautiful baby - who doesn't care how big or small your belly is - just that you are there to hold him/her close!