thread: Caring for DD after a C/Section?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    DS was 19 months when I had DD1. When he wanted a cuddle (which was all the time because he was still really clingy) I would get down to his level and give him a cuddle that way, instead of bending down and picking him up. For the most part he was happy with that. If he wasn't, I would sorta throw him half over my shoulder, and brace my scar with my other hand, and then slowly get up. It felt pretty normal by 2 weeks later (until my infection took hold and then I was rendered useless again) so hopefully you won't have to feel any frustration for too long.

    As for changing nappies - I always change nappies on the floor anyway, so that didn't change. I couldn't get him in and out of the bath, so DH helped me get him in and out, or he went in the shower with me or DH.

    I think DH had 2 weeks off to help me out, does your DH have any time off lined up?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    melb
    8,498

    I have been wondering same thing as high chance being that I will end up with another CS and DS also not walking.

    I think DH will have 2 weeks off

  3. #3

    Dec 2005
    not with crazy people
    8,023

    You'll be amazed at what you can do physically hon just please dont over do it. Make sure that you hold your scar and move slowly for the first few weeks.

    I had V aged 16months when I had M and W was 5 but still pretty bad..eg needed me to pick him up when he flipped out ect. I just did it..what choice did I have I cant comment on the rest as we were shipped to the RCH when M was 20 days old and by the time we got back home 4 weeks had passed.

    for you honey....I'll be watching the clock and praying A isnt as bad as predicted.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    1,794

    I was left for a few hours on my own with both children when DS was about 10 days old. And I realised then that I could lift DD (didn't have much choice cause she got herself stuck in a box).

    I also felt comfy giving her cuddles on my lap from about day 3. I even gently lifted her from that time to my lap while holding my scar with a pillow.

    But as others have said, let your body be the guide. I didn't lift her into the bath until about 5 weeks. But I would kneal in the shower with her when DH was on evening/night shift from week 3.

    Good luck.. Hope tomorrow goes well for you and you have a quick recovery.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Country Victoria
    1,991

    Thankyou all for your replies, you don't know how much it has helped ease my mind.

    I recovered really well when I had DD1 so I think I will be ok again it is just different when you have a non-toddling toddler to care for.

    DH will be home with me so I won't have to lift but I am an independant person and am so close to DD1 that I won't be able to help myself .

    Thanks again... your replies are just what I needed to hear.