Mamaspice, I also wanted to wish you good luck with your birth.
I've ended up with 3 'emergency' c-sections but the last one happened as a result of me giving in after 6 DAYS of 10 minutely contractions. i was really determined for a VBA2C but after such a hard prelabour (plus another physical complication), yes i chose a c-section. So I guess this was my choice and i certainly had more control over what happened i.e. demanded i breastfeed in theatre despite there being resistance from medical staff (resource issues) and i had someone with me in recovery and i had my ctg monitoring done standing up (as it's impossibly uncomfortable for me lying down). Making these requests and them being followed certainly helped me in my head space come to terms with another operation. I'll never be completely happy as i'll never experience a vaginal birth but i've come to terms with it (with some debriefing).
Would you consider allowing spontaneous labour to start (i.e. bubs choose their own birth day and be ready to be born)? This obviously isn't as 'convienient' for the hospital but may suit you if you are happy to do it.
Bookmarks