Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elective C Section ?

Fruitwood - I agree with the others that said that your second vbirth experience doesn't necessarily have to be the same as your first. I had quite a large tear with my first and it took quite a few months to heal and feel normal again but with my second had no tearing and healed quite quickly.

Just to let you know my mum had me back in 1970 via c/s (after 3 days of labour!) and they made a huge vertical scar incision. In 1972 she was scheduled for another c/s for my brother but went into labour the day after seeing her OB and he came naturally. No scar ruptures and she said it was much easier.

I'm due for a c/s on Thursday because my baby's head may be too large for my pelvis (cephalopelvic disapportion). My health fund covers everything apart from any gap fees charged by anaesthetist and this is $300 in my case. Paedetrician's fees are only $90.00 Shop around and get a good health fund coverage first - the rest is up to you. Remember though that many OBs prefer c/s because they're in total control. I think mine was too quick to offer me one - I now wish I could be induced but its too late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12