thread: Giving birth via c section?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Brisbane
    5,039

    Your friends an idiot!

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Member

    Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia
    3,003

    TBH, DD is 16mo and I still find it hard to say I gave birth. I have alot of issues over Hannah's delivery.
    But, she would have died if she'd stayed in any longer. I had no choice.

    I think one day I will look back and say I gave birth, but not today.

    I believe it IS birth and you shouldn't be made to feel any other way. You DID birth Miss A.

    Sorry to be a downer on the thread, but I had to be honest.

    Much love!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Brisbane
    5,039

    TBH, DD is 16mo and I still find it hard to say I gave birth. I have alot of issues over Hannah's delivery.
    But, she would have died if she'd stayed in any longer. I had no choice.

    I think one day I will look back and say I gave birth, but not today.

    I believe it IS birth and you shouldn't be made to feel any other way. You DID birth Miss A.

    Sorry to be a downer on the thread, but I had to be honest.

    Much love!

    Not a downer just honest!

    Hugs to you

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jun 2009
    913

    I've had one of each and honestly I couldn't tell you what I'd choose for a third - they were both great but both very hard and had distinct (but different) advantages and disadvantages.

    The way I see it, the day a baby is born is highly important and significant, but it's just the start of a long journey of important and significant moments. It's when the real fun begins (as well as lots of tears along the way!).

    At the end of the day, you're her mum and your body helped conceive her, grew her, nurtured her and released her to the outside world. And it's your arms that she'll run to when she needs comfort, your hands that hold hers and your face that will light up her smile. "Gave birth"? Meh, it's all just semantics anyway.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    in a super happy place!
    1,008

    Is your friend my friend? Because my friend said exactly the same thing to me. And I struggled for a long time to get over the hurt. But I DID give birth to him, and it was a great experience. It shocked me to the core that someone would consider it not to a 'birth'. And the easy way out. I recovered way better from my vb than I did from my c-section

    xx