thread: Has anyone here had 4 Caesareans?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    One infamous nappy cover maker & previous /bb member had 4 c/s
    Not as close together, but if you have her on fb you might be able to send her a pm

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Country Victoria
    1,991

    Thanks MG.

    Yep already spoken to Maz as I will be going to the same hospital as she did this time, hopefully.

  3. #3
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2009
    3,750

    Not me personally but I have nursed lots of people who have and more. The most been 7 over 13years. The ladies first 5 were uneventful but complications for number 6 and 7 due to the amount of scarring. As a midwife I can't remember caring for anyone that encountered problems with their 4th but 1st and 2nd and if you have had a normal recovery with the last 3 I can't see why no4 would be different. Alot of women have their tubes tided with the 4th at Drs advise but many dont and Ive seen plenty of women go on to have more then 4 c/s. Good luck with it all.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    My sister had 4 - 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008.

    Her recovery got easier each time and she didn't have any issues.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Country Victoria
    1,991

    Thank you so much Mildez, it is worrying me for obvious reasons but I tell myself that the first 3 were uneventful so this should be the same. Although I do not plan to have my tubes tied (I don't think I could do that to myself) I do plan for this to be my last, a 5th seems a little to risky to me although this is an uneducated opinion. I have been told that my scar tissue looks fantastic so that is encouraging I will ask again when I am being stitched up this time (just in case).

    ETA, thanks Mel I love hearing positive personal experiences, I vaguely remembered you saying in the past that your sister had a few close together.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jan 2012
    19

    Me! Im having my 5th next Friday actually. 1st was 15 years ago, then a big gap-8 years, then one, another 15months later, then another 2 1/2 years later, now this one, 3 years later. I havent had any problems (Apart from the fact Ive had to have c/sect.... never my choice ) Never had problem getting preg. Im not looking forward to this one, not because Ive had any complications, just because it does render me a bit useless for a while, and I hate that! I WILL however be looking forward to the stay in hospital..... Ive got 4 kids at home!!!, theres no way you can send me back there I'll scream!!!
    I only have one scar, but talking with ob a while ago, he said that he will just cut through it and then Ill have 2, but Im not happy about that, so Im going to be pushy and stick to my one scar if I can......
    um... anything you would like to know in particular?

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Country Victoria
    1,991

    Juz, how exciting to be so close to welcoming a new baby. I was just wanting to hear stories really, preferably positive, I really don't have anything to worry about as far as the CS goes, mine have always been straight forward and I have recovered really well each time, with each time getting easier. It it just the whole thought of a CS really, it is not a nice thought, I too did not really have a choice. Knowing it is my forth is just a little scary, I was a little on edge going into theatre with my third but my recovery was amazing. Just nerves, that's all

    Wishing you a wonderful birthing day for your baby on Friday.

  8. #8
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2009
    3,750

    A midwife I worked with had 4 also with her 4th been twins. With her 3rd and 4th pregnancy she was told on ultrasound her scar was very thin. When she found out she was having twins she was really worried about her scar but she carried her twins to over 37weeks and they had a combined weight of over 7kilos. She didnt have any problems with any of her c/s or recoveries.