I had an 'unplanned' c-section after a failed induction. I had about 14 hours to get used to the idea, which I imagine is more preferable than being rushed into an emergency c/s.
I had a spinal block, which took just under 5 hours to wear off completely. All up I got the spinal about 9.45am, DD was born at 10.05, and then had to go to the nursery with DH as she had a small amount of fluid in her lungs and low blood sugar thanks to my fasting for the c/s combined with my diabetes, but she was fine. I was stitched up then taken to recovery about 10.35 where they put a warming blanket on me to help with the shakes from the spinal block (I so want one of these blankets for winter!!).

I was then back in my room by 11.30am, able to see my daughter and call my family to tell them the good news.

The downsides for me was the needle in the back (hate needles!) and not having DD to cuddle, but I knew that the nursery is where she needed to be.

Funny/positive bits was everyone in the operating room being so fabulous and the nurses in recovery were just excellent, taking the time to laugh and joke with me. Also when DH kept sending down nurses to find out how long I'd be, as he didn't want me to miss out on time with DD.

I was up by 6am the next morning, showing and going to the toilet by myself, and moving around pretty well after that. The strongest painkillers I needed were panadol, so all in all I recovered wonderfully and the experience overall is nowhere near as scary as I might have imagined it.

At the end of the day I came away with positive thoughts, and a very happy and healthy DD!

Good luck with your delivery, whatever happens! Can't believe how close it is getting for you now!!