I've had 2 sections, the first was an emergency c-section after 20 hours of induced labour with synto, I had an epidural that didn't work, I could still feel everything around my tummy, so ended up having a spinal block as well. I also had pre-eclampsia and DD1 was in distress. It was a horrible experience and I ended up suffering from PND and PTSD, fortunately my second was the complete opposite.

DD2 was a planned section at 38 + 4 weeks, I had mild anxiety the whole way through my pregnancy although the pre-eclampsia didn't return, I had GD instead. I opted to have a spinal block again for this one because I didn't want to risk the epidural not working again. It wasn't scary but it was definitely uncomfortable. When she was born they cleaned her up and she was placed on my chest (skin-to-skin) and there she stayed while I was being stitched up, waiting in recovery and while being taken back down to the ward. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.